Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I think this is a by-the-book case of obnoxious parking...

parkingl.jpg

There were no cars parked in the surrounding spaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

So you're saying the photo either shows one moron parked all over the shop, or that it is evidence of several other morons who had previously done likewise? Whichever way you cut it, morons abound.

There are morons aplenty, that is true.

However, I can see how a similar situation might present problems for, say, a law enforcer.

Consider the example of a narrowish street with no double yellow lines on either side. You're driving your HGV along the street and find that you have no room to pass because two cars are parked more or less opposite each other. Which one is parked illegally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Bing_IRL wrote: »
    While I wouldn't ever steal someones space, if you did that to me, I'd have the Guards there waiting to take your statement and have you pay to inspect the car for any sign of damage!

You should never intentionally hit someones car!

With the amount of bendy plastic on my rear bumper there was no fear at all of any damage, aesthetic or structural ;) The aim wasn't to do any damage at all, I don't condone violence. And who's to say she didn't drive into me as she dived recklessly into a space behind me as I was reversing? I was reversing at the time after all, and if I was focussing on my wing mirror and not looking over my shoulder I wouldn't have seen her, and she'd have a nice repair bill on her hands.
    Iwannahurl wrote: »
    It's very tempting to retaliate, but unless you can think of a risk-free method (or you're not bothered about consequences) you may end up creating even more hassle for yourself. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, an obnoxious parker once drove at me with his car while I had a 2-year-old child in my arms because I had the audacity to challenge him about parking inappropriately in a family/Parent & Child space.

I get what you're saying, and I wouldn't put those images past some of the obnoxious parkers in this thread. I wasn't that bothered about consequences though, my current car isn't my regular one :pac:

On topic, this was some of the most shocking parking I've ever seen, outside the library in the Crescent, there's three spaces side by side. Elderly woman in the Volvo, as I was walking back to my car here, makes a vague attempt at parking beside me by driving into the kerb, and eventually settles on abandoning it there. You can't see in the photo, but the spaces are marked in metal "stamps" on the ground, and I'm well between my two (easily enough room for an average sized car like the lolvo). I was so shocked I didn't even say anything, but her car was literally at 45° to my back bumper as she left it to do the weekly shop :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

On topic, this was some of the most shocking parking I've ever seen, outside the library in the Crescent, there's three spaces side by side. Elderly woman in the Volvo, as I was walking back to my car here, makes a vague attempt at parking beside me by driving into the kerb, and eventually settles on abandoning it there. You can't see in the photo, but the spaces are marked in metal "stamps" on the ground, and I'm well between my two (easily enough room for an average sized car like the lolvo). I was so shocked I didn't even say anything, but her car was literally at 45° to my back bumper as she left it to do the weekly shop :eek:

Best parking spaces in the crescent are the ones you are parked at, except for the unmarked ones in the basement under Top Shop. :D

I especially love parking in the "hatched areas" by Tesco because 1. there is a sign saying not to and 2. It drives the wannabee Gardai / Security Guards mental. They just decided one day to paint over those perfectly good spaces. They dont affect anybody FFS!!

The Crecent, to be fair, need to get some clampers in though because the abandonment of cars around the cinema entrance is just mad. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Berty wrote: »
    Best parking spaces in the crescent are the ones you are parked at, except for the unmarked ones in the basement under Top Shop. :D

I especially love parking in the "hatched areas" by Tesco because 1. there is a sign saying not to and 2. It drives the wannabee Gardai / Security Guards mental. They just decided one day to paint over those perfectly good spaces. They dont affect anybody FFS!!

The Crecent, to be fair, need to get some clampers in though because the abandonment of cars around the cinema entrance is just mad. :eek:

I could barely get out of Tesco one time because of the parking in the hatched areas actually..

The parking over Christmas around there was hilarious though. Not to mention a fleet of traveller vans which literally filled each space with no door room (don't ask me how they got out of them).

• Advertisement

I get what you're saying, and I wouldn't put those images past some of the obnoxious parkers in this thread. I wasn't that bothered about consequences though, my current car isn't my regular one :pac:

In my dreams that is what is done to obnoxious parkers, not by them.

I wonder is this what motivates obnoxious parkers generally? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

wait a minute, you started this thread, but you park in "no parking" areas also!

well done :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

Lets not forget the magical invisible white lines outside the McDonalds entrance, when rows of spaces suddenly become twice as long...Or that "bus parking" yoke at the back of the cinema, it's just one huge parking space :P That "second underground" under Topshop is a joke altogether, there's so many spaces not lined out, they could fit another 30 cars easily if it was fixed.

For a while they were mad into those "permanent" stickers for people who parked in the hatched areas, the poor things. Surely that's illegal, is it legal for me to hammerite over the windscreen on a security van so? :pac:

To be fair though, with the speedbumps beside those hatched areas, I need to use those hatched areas to avoid pulling my exhaust off. If I don't build up enough speed for the last speedbump, my exhaust gets trapped, lifting the rear wheels and I get beached. People tend to just stare rather than help me push, far too risky during busy periods :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

subway wrote: »
    wait a minute, you started this thread, but you park in "no parking" areas also!

Well played sir, you have just won the internet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭micdug

ESB Pay must have gone down. Two spaces + parked on the road.:D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=143955&stc=1&d=1295360826

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Danbo! wrote: »

The absolute state of the orange transit in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

First one is Marlay Park on a very busy Sunday afternoon - some people are obviously just too important to have to search for a space.

Next two are a builder's van in the disabled space on Richmond Ave South in Milltown. There were two other identical vans with sequential reg numbers parked in valid spots, and one smartass had to take the disabled spots. It wasn't easy finding a safe spot to phone the clampers, with all his mates hanging around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

The absolute state of the orange transit in that.

I would have said the black car on the left to be worse taking three spaces;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

subway wrote: »

The thread title is obnoxious. If you knew the parking spaces you agree its not obnoxious.

FIGHT THE MAN!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

First one is Marlay Park on a very busy Sunday afternoon - some people are obviously just too important to have to search for a space.

Next two are a builder's van in the disabled space on Richmond Ave South in Milltown. There were two other identical vans with sequential reg numbers parked in valid spots, and one smartass had to take the disabled spots. It wasn't easy finding a safe spot to phone the clampers, with all his mates hanging around.

Doesnt look like a van, and look
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/120641/143975.jpg

You can clearly see the permit on the windscreen:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Tomebagel wrote: »
    Doesnt look like a van, and look
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/120641/143975.jpg

You can clearly see the permit on the windscreen:confused:

Please don't post gigantic images. Image tags changed to URL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Doesnt look like a van

Clearly you don't believe me, but maybe you'll believe Cartell.ie, which tells me that it is a Merc Vito van - not sure if this link will work. If not, feel free to search cartell.ie yourself. You can see it from the other rear view photo.

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=04ke7668

look
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/120641/143975.jpg You can clearly see the permit on the windscreen
    You can clearly see a product catalogue with a blue cover on the windscreen. It had no permit. I stopped beside it on my bike and checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

alexmcred wrote: »
    I would have said the black car on the left to be worse taking three spaces;)

???? i'm more annoyed by the f16 taking up 5 or 6 spaces. and he is blocking the roadway! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

167305_1774984384501_1536088273_1848932_1475123_n.jpg

On double yellow lines, obstructing a footpath and cluttering up a pedestrian/vehicular entrance.

But hey, look at that cool cake!

TG1.jpg?t=1295392916

TG2.jpg?t=1295393013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

one to one,
    Wouldn't you just love to park cars in the spaces behind and in front of this car.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Help_me_21

Hello all,

I was being my grandmothers good samaratin today. I took her shopping to the crescent shopping centre in Limerick. Ha, that my good deed done for this year GOD :D

Anyway, she is in a wheelchair so had her disc handy so we parked in the disabled spaces at the new entrance when I saw this "numpty" park her car. See the picture before I comment more.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/quirke/PICT0656.jpg

The polo is parked on the wheelchair ramp, the only wheelchair ramp to get from the set parking to the door. I asked her what she was thinking parking there without any consideration for others.

She said that her husband and herself were old and should not have to walk from the car park over.(not disabled) If anybody knows this car park it is at most an extra 100mtrs from the door and considering the end of the disabled spaces it was probably the same distance anyway. :confused:

I asked her could she move. She looked at me oddly and asked why. I said that I had to get my grandmother in her wheelchair to the front door and this was the only access short of walking on the road and onto the speed bump to access the front door. She said she would gladly help me lift the wheelchair up the kerb.

You can see from the picture she is actually in the car moving it. I told her even if she had a disabled sticker she could not park here anyway because they were all full and that there is never any excuse for parking on a footpath and blocked the only wheelchair ramp.

She said "I will write to my councillor for a disabled sticker". I asked her how without a disability she thought she would manage that. "Well, were old we deserve more rights".

AAAHHHHHH I felt like grabbing her free medical card and slashing her throat with it.

*****Ah, lets off some steam***** :cool:

I totally understand your frustration but...and im not being a smart ass or anything here, there is another ramp, the exact same as the one pictured at the other end of the disabled parking bay. Its no more than 20 metres away from where you are parked and there would be absolutely no need to go onto the road and onto the speed ramp as you said. Ya that old couple shouldnt have parked on the footpath, I agree with you there, but there was an easy solution to the dilemna you have portrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Help_me_21 wrote: »
    I totally understand your frustration but...and im not being a smart ass or anything here, there is another ramp, the exact same as the one pictured at the other end of the disabled parking bay. Its no more than 20 metres away from where you are parked and there would be absolutely no need to go onto the road and onto the speed ramp as you said. Ya that old couple shouldnt have parked on the footpath, I agree with you there, but there was an easy solution to the dilemna you have portrayed.

Easy solution was them to move their car. Easier for the people who parked legally. I don't care how difficult it is for people if they park obnoxiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

A fair Devils Advocate position, But Realistically its well beyond the inconvenience of Having to Wheel someone in a wheel chair an extra 20 mtrs and i dont feel that this is Berty's point. If you go up the other ramp and leave all well enough alone, The person (people) who park in this Selfish ignorant Fashion continue to do so. As they are To concerned with Making things easy for themselves they Have no thought or consideration for others. Where do you Stop? if they parked infront of the door of the shopping center do you say, Ahh its ok il use the other entrance?.

Nah They are Being at the very very least Obnoxious, Which then allows this thread to Do exactly what it says on the Tin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

the post you quote is over 2 years old....i doubt if the guy is still interested in there being a second ramp at this stage.

A fair Devils Advocate position, But Realistically its well beyond the inconvenience of Having to Wheel someone in a wheel chair an extra 20 mtrs and i dont feel that this is Berty's point. If you go up the other ramp and leave all well enough alone, The person (people) who park in this Selfish ignorant Fashion continue to do so. As they are To concerned with Making things easy for themselves they Have no thought or consideration for others. Where do you Stop? if they parked infront of the door of the shopping center do you say, Ahh its ok il use the other entrance?.

Nah They are Being at the very very least Obnoxious, Which then allows this thread to Do exactly what it says on the Tin.

I do agree that the old people should have had something said to them to show them that they had inconvenienced this person. However if he had used the other ramp it is actually a shorter distance to the door. I dont agree with ignorant/selfish/obnoxious parking, my only point was that the original post failed to give a full picture when he said it was the only wheelchair ramp and that he'd have had to go out onto a road etc.

corktina wrote: »
    the post you quote is over 2 years old....i doubt if the guy is still interested in there being a second ramp at this stage.

Good point...! Didnt even look!!

• Advertisement

Driver employed to transport disabled people proves willing and able to park in an obnoxious manner that makes life more difficult for disabled people.

06-G-4650.jpg?t=1295440964

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement