Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Stingray wrote: »
    Is that not Ross O'Carroll-Kelly's company? Guess he'll be hard at it with his harem in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Which Car is yours mate? :P

none thank god, but I fear every infraction there is a boardsie lurking around the corner like teachers pet waiting to get that photo.

Got banned off the boards here for 24hrs for my comments to mods......sensitive arent we ladies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

OY reg. Is it Brian Cowens taxi????????????????????. Fine Stralis she is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Thats a fine rig.
    What was her load, did you see?

A big asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Jesus, this thread has really gone downhill imho.

It used to be about people doing outrageously stupid/selfish parking (like taking up two parking spaces, parking in disabled spaces) but now it's descended to people with two wheels on the kerb while they get the kids into the car.

Meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

-Chris- wrote: »

It used to be about people doing outrageously stupid/selfish parking (like taking up two parking spaces, parking in disabled spaces) but now it's descended to people with two wheels on the kerb while they get the kids into the car.

Meh...

Fair enough, but those Marley Park pics above are all worthy:

> The Opel parked on the path right at what looks like a main entrance
    > The Polo straight-up blocking two cars
    > The black Mazda forcing people walking in the carpark to stay on the tarmac through this area, being dangerous
    > The red Toyota looks like it's impeding a main entrance/exit
    > The three cars in the last pick are all parked right beside a main gate and on yellow lines

The previous pic to that is the kid on his trike trying to get between the SUV and white van. A great picture.

All thoroughly obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Meh...

Most of those people who are "only stoppign for a minute" on the kerb are the main obnoxious people that cause the most problems. For the most part, takign up more than one space in a carpark doesnt get in peopel way unless its full, it's just idiots that cant park, but the people pulling in on double yellows blocking both the path and the road are proper obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Disabled parking bay at Superquinn Ballinteer on Sunday - no blue badge showing - was there for at least 20 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Fair enough, but those Marley Park pics above are all worthy:

> The Opel parked on the path right at what looks like a main entrance
    > The Polo straight-up blocking two cars
    > The black Mazda forcing people walking in the carpark to stay on the tarmac through this area, being dangerous
    > The red Toyota looks like it's impeding a main entrance/exit
    > The three cars in the last pick are all parked right beside a main gate and on yellow lines

The previous pic to that is the kid on his trike trying to get between the SUV and white van. A great picture.

All thoroughly obnoxious.

Par for the course up there (no pun intended). Mostly oul'ones etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

The mazda is in no way parked dangerously, they are utilising space in an already crowded car park.

If people cannot walk "on tarmac" in a car park in marley park they shouldnt be out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Chief--- wrote: »
    The mazda is in no way parked dangerously, they are utilising space in an already crowded car park.

If people cannot walk "on tarmac" in a car park in marley park they shouldnt be out at all.

With all due respect Chief you're missing the point here. Nothing about this thread was about parking 'dangerously' but about parking 'obnoxiously', in other words... parking in a manner as to inconvenience other road users and pedestrians.
    The fact that those I've highlighted in the shots I attached are all behaving in an illegal manner seems to be lost on you. Poor parking and in general, poor standards of driving in this country is, to me anyway, indicative of the type of society we live in here in Ireland. This thread points out two things... we live in a country that lacks respect for others and we show an inability or unwillingness to enforce the rules no matter how petty the offence may be...

Meh...

I knew it was only a matter of time before some regular poster tried to restrict the definition of "outrageously stupid/selfish parking" and to deny that inconveniencing and endangering pedestrians is not obnoxious parking whereas the likes of this is (post #1473 I think, to take just one random example from possibly hundreds in this thread).

http://www.rotr.ie/rules-for-driving/parking/no-parking_disc-parking.html

http://www.rotr.ie/rules-for-driving/parking/illegal-or-dangerous-parking.html

05-D-19087.jpg?t=1295897760

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Any of you ever seen the parking in Italy!?!:eek::eek:

what is with "big car" drivers, such as mercs, land rovers, beamers, they seem to think they have a right to park where they want, and drive as fast as they want. Do you just become obnoxious when you get one of these cars? Or are they SO important, that the rest of us seem to inconvenience them....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I knew it was only a matter of time before some regular poster tried to restrict the definition of "outrageously stupid/selfish parking"

Although the forum rules ban a user from "owning" a thread. I maintain I control the intellectual rights of the thread title as the context it pertains to. (cue mod changing thread title to piss me off)

People can decide what they like to consider obnoxious but for me its anything that personally pisses me off or inconveniences me/you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I knew it was only a matter of time before some regular poster tried to restrict the definition of "outrageously stupid/selfish parking" and to deny that inconveniencing and endangering pedestrians is not obnoxious parking whereas the likes of this is (to take just one random example from possibly hundreds).

Nobody's trying to "restrict" anything; it's just that this thread used to be a light hearted and fun thread to look at imo. Well i certainly got a laugh out of some of the pictures in it. But now, it seems that 90% of posts are of slight parting errors, or of some delivery guy parking on a kerb to drop in a package or similar. It just gets bloody boring.

Berty wrote: »
    Although the forum rules ban a user from "owning" a thread. I maintain I control the intellectual rights of the thread title as the context it pertains to. (cue mod changing thread title to piss me off)

As a purely hypothetical question, what title change would piss you off the most? :p

Nobody's trying to "restrict" anything; it's just that this thread used to be a light hearted and fun thread to look at imo. Well i certainly got a laugh out of some of the pictures in it. But now, it seems that 90% of posts are of slight parting errors, or of some delivery guy parking on a kerb to drop in a package or similar. It just gets bloody boring.

I have flicked through this entire thread (not claiming to have looked carefully at every page or looked at every photo) and IMO "slight parking errors" have featured from the outset, eg the car parked with one wheel 30 cm over the line in a car park that still has spaces available.

Around when did you start to find this thread "bloody boring"? Eight pages in perhaps?

The thread title is "More Obnoxious Parking" -- self-explanatory, I would have thought.

AGS4.jpg?t=1295899189

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

As a purely hypothetical question, what title change would piss you off the most? :p

Using the word abnoxious.............................

comment only for seasoned posters

This makes me chuckle at least half-heartedly:

drive-right.jpg?t=1295899730

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

And people wonder why we have clamper's in this country????

Only came across this tread..... O my god :eek:

The best bit is when you ask them to move..... Its like there's a hidden rule, when they take the key out and close the door its now your problem....

This makes me chuckle at least half-heartedly:

drive-right.jpg?t=1295899730

Beautiful, the irony is delicious! :):)

This is my most recent favourite - he's a beaut!

I think you'd need a set square and slide rule to park your car more perfectly across two spaces than this arse.

144952.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

I think you'd need a set square and slide rule to park your car more perfectly across two spaces than this arse.

Is he not exempt from normal rules? Only allowed one exhaust per space. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

McSpud wrote: »
    Is he not exempt from normal rules? Only allowed one exhaust per space. :p

Thank God it wasn't an M3 in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

seachto7 wrote: »
    Any of you ever seen the parking in Italy!?!:eek::eek:

what is with "big car" drivers, such as mercs, land rovers, beamers, they seem to think they have a right to park where they want, and drive as fast as they want. Do you just become obnoxious when you get one of these cars? Or are they SO important, that the rest of us seem to inconvenience them....:confused:

Why are you generalising/stereotyping :confused: I drive a "big" car and take my time parking, if anything parking well means the car doesn't get damaged accidentally or maliciously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

144952.jpg

Unlike some threads that I've objected to, I think this is a perfect example of obnoxious parking. In many posts one is unsure if the driver parked neatly against whatever had been there before but then the other traffic moved off, exposing the victim to a MOP snapper, in this case there could not have been any previous bad parking to guide this fellow in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

There isnt an obnoxious driving thread and I am still amazed by this chap but nowhere to put it to do it justice... :o

I spent about 2 miles following this guy through winding country roads by Longwood watching the reactions of everyone who met him the opposite direction realising how close they were to being decapitated by the bull dozer bucket.

Unfortunately I didnt get close enough as kept my distance in case he did actually hit someone to get the reg but rang it through to the gards ..unfortunately he wasnt intercepted for as long as I drove behind him.

019-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I've seen caravans being delivered on the back of flatbeds down the country and in the UK, and every time they've had a van in front and behind with warning lights and signs.

The above is horrifically reckless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement