Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Yawn......

This thread is so boring of late. I enjoyed all the funny pics in it but its gone to hell since somepeople spends his/her day looking for anysort of a parked vehicle. I even see someone got so bored they took a picture of a bulldozer parked on a lorry..:D:D

That dont include Koolkid as that bus is in a dangerous positon.

The thread is titled "More Obnoxious Parking" not "More Funny Parking".

Can you link to a few quality examples in the thread that illustrate what you have in mind? More than a few, preferably, since there are now over 2700 posts in the thread.

I'm posting photos of parking that I regard as obnoxious, not "any sort of parked vehicle". Can you identify a photo I posted that does not show obnoxious parking?

I missed the bulldozer parked on a lorry, but I did notice this post that you seemed to like.

Is that what you're looking for: more of this kind of thing?

Park_A_Car.jpg

+1 does iwannahurl have anything else to do but walk children and take photos? the Audi is parked in a driveway/footpath, you have to walk around it, boo hoo. of course his other occupation is trolling about speeeeeeeeeeeed.

I won't rise to the bait of this obnoxious personal abuse.

The Audi is parked obnoxiously, IMO, and therefore fits the bill for this thread.

It's just one of a large number that I -- and many other pedestrians and disabled people -- encounter on a daily basis.

Who decides whether such parking is obnoxious (we already know, or should know, that it is illegal): is it the illegally parked motorist or is it, say, vision-impaired people and their supporters?

As for your accusation that my "other occupation is trolling about speeeeeeeeeeeed", I suggest you raise that in another appropriate thread. I'd be happy to address the issue there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I won't rise to the bait of this obnoxious personal abuse.

I appreciate that, as I've already dealt with it.

If you see any posts from shogunpower that you object to, please use the report button.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I think the first one is more obnoxious because two people fcuked up. I suppose if I had a better view of the van it might look worse than it is. I sent you a PM actually about something.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

I am one of those people who does not post pictures on this forum but does look at the examples people have, some are very good

Just my personal opinion, I think you should continue to post the pictures but without reg number or personal photo's of the individuals. I think boards.ie may get a solicitors letter at some stage from someone complaining. It is possible someone may have a genuine reason to park on double yellow lines, or appear to use 2 parking spaces etc etc

Then again a legal eagle would know better than me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No they won't, perfectly legal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

to much yap yap, take it outside and more pic's of asshole parking...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not a great pic, if you can see the person is parked on a ramp that I assume is there for wheel chair access/wheeling in heavy loads. There's about 50 other empty parking spaces around! :rolleyes:

This person parked there yesterday also but I put it down to it being dark and them not noticing... obviously not.
    Same thing again this morning. :mad:

• Advertisement

mbiking123 wrote: »
    I am one of those people who does not post pictures on this forum but does look at the examples people have, some are very good

Just my personal opinion, I think you should continue to post the pictures but without reg number or personal photo's of the individuals. I think boards.ie may get a solicitors letter at some stage from someone complaining. It is possible someone may have a genuine reason to park on double yellow lines, or appear to use 2 parking spaces etc etc

Then again a legal eagle would know better than me !

They all have genuine reasons of course.

You could ask this legal eagle for an opinion! :)

04-G-3448.jpg?t=1296140274

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

"Working in......... ?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭barnaclebill

It never ceases to amaze me how bad some people are at driving! In particular I think very old people are lethal on the roads.. I've driven behind some suspect elderly drivers in the past and thought they were drunk.. Queue ageist allegations!

Certainly sir.

01-LK-5095.jpg?t=1296140877

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tallon wrote: »
    "Working in......... ?"

court house

Tallon wrote: »
    "Working in......... ?"

...Courthouse.

EDIT: The note is for AGS and Traffic Wardens. Renders the obnoxious parker immune from all parking regulations, fines and admonitions.

It never ceases to amaze me how bad some people are at driving! In particular I think very old people are lethal on the roads.. I've driven behind some suspect elderly drivers in the past and thought they were drunk.. Queue ageist allegations!

Not for this thread, but find the evidence and post it elsewhere in Motors!

EDIT: Now that I think of it, this old lady (in her 80s, she told me) is probably lethal on the road. She doesn't want to be there though. Her ancient companion -- which she adopted -- is probably a hundred and eleventy twelve in dog years.

Boo hoo, as some bright spark said earlier.

05-MO-4279.jpg?t=1296141749

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

On the corner of Smyth's pub in Limerick this morning. Caused chaos.

180800_10150095856474491_740514490_5937230_1084326_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Iwannahurl wrote: »

But thats an ass :D

I'll get my coat:(

alexmcred wrote: »
    But thats an ass :D

You're supposed to be focusing on the "vehhicul"...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

426.gif

Some people just dont know how to park,but this guy pushed it to far in getting him out of the way.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

just lovely

attachment.php?attachmentid=145492&stc=1&d=1296208465

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tags

Quality thread here lads. I'll be sure to snap a few photos obnoxious parking when out and post them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

soogzr.jpg

no it wasnt just there for a few minutes, it contained a family who went inside to eat. At the same time there was a crap honda on my right with black windows taking up two spaces and a Mondeo down the other end diagonally parked in an area where there werent even spaces, (apart from the ones he was blocking)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Saw this in the HWIST thread. I was shocked!!!

mailforkev wrote: »
    img0159vc.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How could he be so obnoxious??? Taking up space in the driving lane from all the other road users!!

car-parking-fail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

caseyann wrote: »
    car-parking-fail.jpg
    Now thats not obnoxious, thats talented.
    How the hell did that happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thats the best yet..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

vw polo (golf?) reversed at speed THROUGH the wall and pushed starlet back as it went up over it looks like!

• Advertisement

I assume reverse parking and they took their spot :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement