Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More Obnoxious parking - ***READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

ref all the clamped cars

Did the owners have to pay for parking in this area ? Is it a free parking area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

mbiking123 wrote: »
    ref all the clamped cars

Did the owners have to pay for parking in this area ? Is it a free parking area ?
    Apparently they're all on double yellow lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭mbiking123

Apparently they're all on double yellow lines.

Yes, but is it a 'pay and display' type area

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dr_Kolossus

Guards!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

dgt wrote: »
    Same car, even worse parking. This time I stopped and took a rubbish picture anyway :D

Image0407.jpg

Theres nothing wrong with that no yellow lines and its a night I often park there when I need the atm there. Round the back tho thats a different story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I parked the car in a bus stop yesterday in Celbridge village to run to the ATM which was about 4-5 spaces away. Drove up the mainstreet once and there was no parking at all.

There was a lad sitting in a car in front of me in a handicap space on the phone.

As soon as I set the alarm on the car and looked around there was a traffic warden walking down the path, he looks at ya man in the car on front and waves for him to move, and he does.

He then looks at me and points at the bus stop, I pointed at the ATM and he laughed, then proceeded to put a ticket on the car behind me.

What a nice fello :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Tesco Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Tragedy wrote: »
    Tesco Naas

If he was to park that between the lines he'd be blocking the road would he not? And would most likely end up having his picture put in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Plus, it's like ridiculous AM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭phill106

Tallon wrote: »
    Plus, it's like ridiculous AM

I believe the scientific term is stupid o'clock in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Onkle wrote: »
    If he was to park that between the lines he'd be blocking the road would he not? And would most likely end up having his picture put in here!

He'd be sticking out the exact same distance. The angle he's parked at is making the van ever longer than it should be(back left corner to front right corner is longer than back left to front left).

Obnoxious parking is obnoxious parking, he could have taken up one space with not much more effort if he was arsed :)

Also, it was 8pm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

phill106 wrote: »
    I believe the scientific term is stupid o'clock in the morning.

Do you mean zero dark hundred?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Tallon wrote: »
    I parked the car in a bus stop yesterday in Celbridge village to run to the ATM which was about 4-5 spaces away. Drove up the mainstreet once and there was no parking at all.

There was a lad sitting in a car in front of me in a handicap space on the phone.

As soon as I set the alarm on the car and looked around there was a traffic warden walking down the path, he looks at ya man in the car on front and waves for him to move, and he does.

He then looks at me and points at the bus stop, I pointed at the ATM and he laughed, then proceeded to put a ticket on the car behind me.

What a nice fello :p

Not according to people in Celbridge. He has had many a verbal abuse chucked his way. Thing he got slapped a few times as well. And he gave the misses a ticket, even though she had a valid P&D ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

stlukes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10022011211.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

This is in another forum altogether. Should be posted here too, IMO.

Feck it, here's the pic as well:

179848_171387822907507_100001088726173_377658_2130815_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Obaraten wrote: »
    you sure it was for P+D?

Yip, car is taxed and insured and parked in valid spot. Parked in a proper spot.

I think they were pictured here before, minus the clamps though....:D:D:D

Great pic though..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Limerick Bandit

Some real sad people on this thread, Is it the drivers or the photographers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Some real sad people on this thread, Is it the drivers or the photographers or posters who do rolly eyes and have nothing good to say :rolleyes:

FYP

-Corkie- wrote: »
    FYP

You what now?

FYP

Ah yes I see what you did there, I could leave out the :rolleyes: and say "get a life" but i was trying to be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gally

Last Sunday I was parked nose to the kerb at the side of the Bridewell Garda station,Cork.A silver Santa Fe was behind two cars next to me.The owner of one car was waiting to get out.Eventually he went into the Garda station and after a fair while a very thin Garda came out and moved what must have been his private car.Arrogance of a high order

gally wrote: »
    Last Sunday I was parked nose to the kerb at the side of the Bridewell Garda station,Cork.A silver Santa Fe was behind two cars next to me.The owner of one car was waiting to get out.Eventually he went into the Garda station and after a fair while a very thin Garda came out and moved what must have been his private car.Arrogance of a high order

What has his weight got to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

What has his weight got to do with it?

He had no excuse for taking up (or wasting) so much space.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    He had no excuse for taking up (or wasting) so much space.

Is that air your breathing?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10022011211.jpg
    No need to blur out the reg.
    If the owner is satisfied with being regarded as being an ignorant prick then who are we to stop that view?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Some real sad people on this thread, Is it the drivers or the photographers :rolleyes:

Which car is yours?

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote: »
    No need to blur out the reg.
    If the owner is satisfied with being regarded as being an ignorant prick then who are we to stop that view?

Were you there at the time? do you know the situation? did the driver stop there to pick up a child that had just been knocked down? I don't know, do you Mr bannon? or are you just an ignorant prick with a camera? A camera will take a picture in a fraction of a second but it dose not tell the whole story!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement