Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Germany - March Multi-City?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Just a few questions about Germany, I am planning to attend Cebit in Hanover in early March as I am an avid technology buff. I am slowly getting my head around the itinerary as I never travelled to Germany before and will be travelling on my own this time.

My plan is to fly to Berlin with Aer Lingus and spend a day or two there before taking the ICE train to Hanover for Cebit after two or three days there, I then plan to either fly or take the ICE again down to Munich for another two or three nights to visit the BMW Museum and Factory where the 3 series is assembled.

Ideally I would fly straight to Hanover but the nearest connection is in Stansted and it defeats the purpose, plus Hanover should be packed from what I have read as around 700,000 people attend the 5 day event.

I am in two minds wheter or not to fly to Munich or take the ICE however I think it would be pretty cool to be on the ICE especially if it goes as fast as it says! The ICE will probably cost more than flying though.

I am planning 6 or 7 days to get this multi city tour in, a few questions?

Is Hanover as dull as it seems? Except for CeBit it appears of the tourist trail. The City was levelled during WWII so most is dull modern Architecture.

What should I take in while in Berlin? Checkpoint Charlie? The Reichstag? Berlin Wall - Is there any of it left?

In Munich I mind will be on the BMW factory and Museum plus getting the ubiqutious memorabilia and some shopping done,

How feasible is this trip? I plan to take advantage of the sales after xmas to get my flights hotels sorted and will book each thing seperatley. I plan to spend two days in Berlin, three in Hanover and two in Munich, I am thinking that by using trains over air it will be less stressful, if I do decide to fly to Munich from Hanover I am split between AirBerlin or Lufthansa, has anyone here flew on AirBerlin?? Lufthansa fly Embraer's on the Route I think so that might be dodgy.

I am open to all suggestion, critiscism and advise.

p.s. don't mention the recession as I am immune!

Advertisement