Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

dents...

Options
  • 10-12-2008 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

hi guys, was just wondering does anyone know of anywhere good around limerick that could repair a few small dents in my car? and also, any ideas on cost? theres probably about 5 or 6 really little dents... (not inflicted by me!)

Thanks.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Slater Garage in Thomondgate. Good Prices and fast. Dont be put off by the apparent lack of organisation. If he says a time it will be done.

My car is going in there on Monday for some body work also not inflicated by me. :D

Head over the bridge by Kings Johns Castle and take the immediate right turn and around 100mtrs along you will go either straight or right. Look right and there is his place straddling both sides of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Oh holy god don't go near him. What an absolute useless disgrace of a painter, fast and cheaper yes, quality no no no. Berty, i hope you have gotten something done with him before, otherwise i wouldn't be sending that Audi of yours near him.

Berty, i hope you have gotten something done with him before, otherwise i wouldn't be sending that Audi of yours near him.

Spoiler on an almera, primed, sprayed, wired and fitted. I went to a guy today for a quote who used to be a neighbour. He didnt know who I was, years ago.

He said €200. I said yeah, it will probably be half and half with my company. He finished by saying yeah no problem so €200 + vat. Smart ass because he heard company. Screw You Pat, wont be going back.

I was going to go to Dan Hayes of Father and Son, Hayes across from Renault but the whole yard is closed.

Where are they gone?

I don't know tbh.

All i can say it don't go near Slater. He's just a disgrace of a painter.

JCR, (Joe's Crash Repair) is top notch quality. Small bit expensive, but very very good. I've got good few things done with him, and the job has the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

David Browne in Cratloe. It did take 2 attempts to get it right, but he did get my bonnet right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

JCR, (Joe's Crash Repair) is top notch quality. Small bit expensive, but very very good. I've got good few things done with him, and the job has the same.
    Where's he?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

ninty9er wrote: »
    David Browne in Cratloe. It did take 2 attempts to get it right, but he did get my bonnet right.

+1 Browne's do some really goood work. Have done so for years too.

p.s. If the dents are minor and haven't broken the paint, think about Paintless Dent Removal.

Ignore

Where's he?

East way business park, next two down from the NCT centre (Next to Tyre Stop)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Dent Doctor. Mobile service, do a great job if paint aint cracked. Don't know the Limerick number but the Cork one is 087-6824609 (Barry) and he might put you in touch. Did a job on my old car, right on the crease of the door. I honestly couldn't see where it was afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭XXNikXX

hey thanks for all the replys, ive heard of joe's crash repair so might give them a go...

any more info on this paintless dent removal??...
    i wont pretend to know anything about removing dents, i just know that im fed up of looking at them and i want them gone..

Advertisement