Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivering round Dublin- Will €200 sat-nav do the job?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Getting a delivery job around Dublin ,

mostly southside, from the northside don't have clue where anything is on the southside, for the most part.

How good are sat-navs? - if theres a sandycove ave, terrace, place, walk, court , and I want the close, will it guide me there or just generally thereabouts.

Will a €200 sat-nav do the job?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I tried your search on a 99.99euro TomTom One Classic (picked up in Halfords), and went Navigate To - Address - Street & House Number - City: Dublin - Street: Sandyc when you get this far a scroll down list shows the following options:
    Sandycove & Glasthule Station, Sandycove Avenue East, S A North, S A West, Sandycove Close, Sandycove East Lane, Sandycove Point, Sandycove Road.
    I'd recommend getting a widescreen version, like the TT One XL, as the bigger screen allows you to see the full address.

Also, there is a Route66 Maxi, with widescreen, for 69.99 in Halfords.
    OK, so the maps are a bit outdated, Q2 2007, but they are Navteq maps and are quite good for city work. Plus 70euro is great value for what you get!
    Please do the software update, which is downloaded free from the Route 66 website, as it makes the user interface a lot better.

Advertisement