Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive floodlights to line Galway skyline over Galway bay

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

LOL you guys should run in the local elections - Get the handbags out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

JohnCleary wrote: »
    LOL you guys should run in the local elections - Get the handbags out! :pac:

I know, it's ridiculous! I've just got too much flipping time on my hands! - I'm off sick so got nothing better to do than get into a pointless row with a random stranger on boards.ie...! ;) Fun or what?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

wrong.jpg

Love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

extraice wrote: »
    ...Long post...

well that my 2 cents

Sorry maybe English is not your first language, or you may have difficulty with spelling etc, but please use the spell checker and read over your post before submitting, as it is impossible to understand. I see it was posted at 3.22am, maybe you were just drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

BTH wrote: »
    Ah yet more quality... pointless whining because I can't answer any of the points raised in a reasonable manner like a normal person waah waah... I don't know the history of the area.
    FYP
    Go on, explain yourself rather than throwing childish generalizations around! Main question for now - If you don't live in Salthill then what exactly are you getting so worked up over?! Strange...
    So lets see, if I live there I'm a snobby cnut, and if I don't I should just mind my own business? I can see you are as usual both insightful and well balanced in your reasoning.
    JohnCleary wrote:
    LOL you guys should run in the local elections - Get the handbags out!
    willbe_brass_1.jpg

FYP

So lets see, if I live there I'm a snobby cnut, and if I don't I should just mind my own business? I can see you are as usual both insightful and well balanced in your reasoning.

willbe_brass_1.jpg

Eh are you actually 14 or something? :rolleyes: "Hilarious" contribution as usual...
    Oh and changing the contents of my quotation... Now that's mature!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Eh are you actually 14 or something? :rolleyes: "Hilarious" contribution as usual...
    Oh and changing the contents of my quotation... Now that's mature!
    Gah, I can't keep this up. I'd like to say YHBT, HAND, because in an insane world that would be the only sane answer, but meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Leave it there so folks.

Or the thread gets it.

*pew* *pew*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

skelliser wrote: »
    i dont understand any of this

Neither did i:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What the locals should be doing is pressuring the GAA to sell the premium land in the area taken up by the sports ground, and use the proceeds to build a new state of the art facility elsewhere. With the amount of money that lot is worth, even these days, they could build two new stadiums and new t-shirts for the boys while they were at it.

Finally ... something that SimpleSam and I agree on.

I'll say it again: Salthill was a fine location for a stadium (of current capacity and facilities) back in the day when all a county GAA stadium needed was the current facilties.

It's not a fine location any more, so should not have it's facilities extended any further. The resources should be directed to a more suitable site elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

galwayrush wrote: »
    The lights at the Sports Grounds are certainly not obtrusive,

You wanna try walking along upper Bohermore when they're on. Coming out of NRG gym, the lights and a bit of fog make the statues in the cemetery look verrrrryyyy creepy!

Well in an ideal world a suitable site close to the city centre would be found by the GAA to develop a proper, state of the art stadium. I'll agree, they are having to make the best of a bad lot with Pearse Stadium and certainly, beyond the provision of floodlights, I can't see any possibility for further expansion or development at that site. It's very hard to imagine where a replacement could be accommodated though. Maybe if the big port redevelopment ever goes ahead (as discussed on another thread) with all that land reclaimation that's being proposed, part of the deal could be the construction of a city stadium along the lines of Pairc Ui Caoimh in Cork - i.e. utilitarian but it does the job. It would make a superb concert venue as well fitting into Galway's cutlural capital ambitions... Imagine a decent indoor arena as part of the development too, now that'd really make a job of it... It's good to dream eh?! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement