Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have us ladies been seconded by the gentlemen??

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Men do like coups.
    Particularly DD coups.

Based on the fact that half the time I cant tell someones gender just from their nick, (With the exception of pinkfluffybunny and Dudess) I dont always notice when men post here. (Well, I know when SOME men post here, but thats cos women tend not to say 'Hey.. How YOU doin'. :)) Either way it dont matter. Its the quality of the post that counts, not havin a pack in the crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Actually i have a serious question, where is Abigayle gone? She was deadly and i miss her posting and caustic wit.:(

Dragan wrote: »
    Actually i have a serious question, where is Abigayle gone? She was deadly and i miss her posting and caustic wit.:(
    A quick check shows she was lurking on the 6th* anyway. If she dinna want to post, she dont have to. Sorry mate.

*edit. Of december. Not the poster formerly know as.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

maple wrote: »
    No chance. You're their hero.:D

He's more of a gender-bending enigma, what with the name changing back and forth and all that ;)

Seriously, like most of boards that I visit, I come in here for:
    1. The craic
    2. Decent topics of conversation
    3. The craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Oryx wrote: »
    Based on the fact that half the time I cant tell someones gender just from their nick, (With the exception of pinkfluffybunny and Dudess) I dont always notice when men post here. (Well, I know when SOME men post here, but thats cos women tend not to say 'Hey.. How YOU doin'. :)) Either way it dont matter. Its the quality of the post that counts, not havin a pack in the crack.

Agreed.

However, I am seeing an increase in 'teh feminazis are out to get us' feeling, nothing I could solidly put my finger on - just a feeling from reading certain threads. I would consider myself a feminist, and find the anti-feminist sentiments unpleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ah you should of been around in the days of the reverse being true... now that was soome good bitching!

Tbh, i like the balance the forum has hit. It's nice to get a guys opinioon on some of the threads, but i do think that at times threads are posted here from a woman perspective and everyone jumps in and starts off with well women do it too and it doesn't just happen to women. Yes that may well be very very ... very true but... its a forum directed at women so of course you will get posters talking about how things effect them.. ie abuse, not pointing at any thread in particular.

And a lot of the time i don't think there are enough proper issues threads here either. My OH did this and how much do you loive you oh etc. I would love to see more serious issues which affect women being talked about. But then you get the above happening and it just turns into a ball of crap. Yes i know im rambling but i hope you get my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dragan wrote: »
    Yeah, I was thinking the very same thing yesterday. Come back Abi!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, I was thinking the very same thing yesterday. Come back Abi!

Get on the phone to Abi! :pac:

*leaves and never returns*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I forgot to mention reason 4:

Jules shouted at me at a beers and asked why I hadn't been posting here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Girl POWER lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

lottodrink wrote: »
    Girl POWER lol

Would you care to expand on that wonderfully reasoned argument or are you just looking to start a fight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭lottodrink

Zaph wrote: »
    Would you care to expand on that wonderfully reasoned argument or are you just looking to start a fight?
    Nope dont mind me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

There all gay!!! Except me, obviously.

Seriously, I agree though that men should stay out of some threads. Here's some advice: if you want a female-only thread put the subject as perfume or shopping and then the contents of the thread would be whatever you do want to talk about.:P

Also I don't think this is the place for "Does this girl like me" or "Do girls like guys with red hair" or whatever. While I like getting a girls opinion, I doubt that was the original point of the forum and it makes me cringe when guys do this. Its not the "ask for a girls opinion on anything, lads" forum. That stuff should be left to PI/AH (depending on seriousness) or create a seperate relationships forum.

or create a seperate relationships forum.
    Oh, god no. Please. :)

This place stinks of boys.
    I say ban them all! No vajayjay no entry!

Abi's computer broke forever ago. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Hmmm...reading this thread reminded me of this.........

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Moonbaby wrote:
    No vajayjay no entry!

Makes sense on a few levels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

One time I went gay clubbing in Atlanta with one of my buddies, and he said every few years lesbians will start going to a gay club and then it will become a lesbian club, then a few years later the gays will reclaim it, etc. For some reason this thread reminds me of that. :D

PillyPen wrote: »
    One time I went gay clubbing in Atlanta with one of my buddies, and he said every few years lesbians will start going to a gay club and then it will become a lesbian club, then a few years later the gays will reclaim it, etc. For some reason this thread reminds me of that. :D

That reminds me of the relentless battle for control of the back of the bus growing up.
    The sexes refused to intermingle on my school bus.
    Me and my girl cooties rocked that war! :D

HHmm You know TLL Signature tags could pass for an online girl cootie.
    Separate the metro from the sleaze.
    And they'd increase your traffic too Pretty OverLady Jules.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    HHmm You know TLL Signature tags could pass for an online girl cootie.
    And they'd increase your traffic too Pretty OverLady Jules.

I'd just like to point out that i've had a sig link to tLL since I was made a mod here. Doubt it's done much to increase traffic though. :)

• Advertisement

You make the incorrect assumption that metrosexuals can't be sleazeballs.
    I fear for your safety in nightclubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Hmmm...reading this thread reminded me of this.........

Well. If I was in your position I'd be prettay, prettay embarassed right about....NOW!:
    I know, it's literally the complete opposite of this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Well. If I was in your position I'd be prettay, prettay embarassed right about....NOW!:

Darn tootin fire wall at work had blocked your youtube clip! Posted that when i got home. Honest Guv!

*deeply embarassed*
    CaptKirkFailed.jpg

Galvasean wrote: »

Do you mean your not here simply because I find you adorably entertaining?
    Your actually looking for someone to sleaze on.
    You've never sleazed on me. :mad:
    Baxtard,

btw Zaph your security. Definitely not metro.

Do you mean your not here simply because I find you adorably entertaining?
    Your actually looking for someone to sleaze on.
    You've never sleazed on me. :mad:
    Baxtard,

How you got that from this,

I will never know. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

This man speaks da troof!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It's just an interesting forum with topics to read.
    I'll admit I don't post alot here, but it is one of the forums up there at the top that is guaranteed to be interesting.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I'd just like to point out that i've had a sig link to tLL since I was made a mod here. Doubt it's done much to increase traffic though. :)

In fairness though, how many people have seen the other part of your sig "Take a walk on the west side" then gone for a pleasant stroll around Fortlawn and have never been seen since?

In fairness though, how many people have seen the other part of your sig "Take a walk on the west side" then gone for a pleasant stroll around Fortlawn and have never been seen since?

Yeah, I feel a bit guilty about that. I'm hoping it hasn't reached double figures.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yeah, I feel a bit guilty about that. I'm hoping it hasn't reached double figures.

Don't be guilty - you're merely a market facilitator in one of the few growth areas in the Irish economy (tourism, of course).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement