Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need new clutch for a Carina ?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Last night I had a bloke in the car who was a mechanic and as I was changing gear etc he told me something about a bearing going in the clutch and I needed a new one. Sure enough, the car sometimes shudders when moving off in first etc. I should have asked him but anyway, maybe someone can tell me. Does the whole clutch need replacing, the plates etc or is it just this bearing or whatever. Car is a diesel Carina.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

DublinDes wrote: »
    Last night I had a bloke in the car who was a mechanic and as I was changing gear etc he told me something about a bearing going in the clutch and I needed a new one. Sure enough, the car sometimes shudders when moving off in first etc. I should have asked him but anyway, maybe someone can tell me. Does the whole clutch need replacing, the plates etc or is it just this bearing or whatever. Car is a diesel Carina.

If your replacing a clutch, you always replace three pieces or replace the full kit:

Pressure plate/cover assembly

Clutch disc/driven plate

Release bearing/Concentric Slave Cylinder.

Anyone not changing the above for a clutch is taking a shortcut...

Advertisement