Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pregnancy after miscarriage

• 10-12-2008 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

I unfortunately had a miscarriage at 10 weeks pregnant, our baby measured 9 weeks gestation and it was a missed miscarriage - we only found out that our baby had died when we went for a routine dating scan.

It has been difficult to cope with but I think we are over the worst now. Initially I was adamant that we would start trying to concieve again straight away, despite doctors telling me to wait one cycle. I'm still waiting for my periods to return and I'm getting a bit impatient!

Has anyone else been in this situation? I want to start trying again, but I'm scared of what might happen if we don't wait a while. Has anyone concieved after a miscarriage without waiting for a period? Was your pregnancy successful?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Crazycat,

Im so sorry to hear about your loss and I know exactly how you feel.We went through the same thing in December 2005.My wife had a loss Christmas week and it devasted both of us.
    We started trying straight away and our daughter was born in November 2006.But my wife did have 1 normal cycle before we conceived even though we were trying straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Chasing Cars

Sorry to hear your news it is tough went through it myself last year and unfortunately have not been successful since.

However my obstetrician said that there was no medical reason not to start trying again even before the first cycle. The only reason it can be advised is that you should wait until after your first period is because you have no way of knowing when you are going to ovulate therefore you may not be successful thus can be disappointed and from the doctors point of view it is harder to know the age of the pregnancy.

My advice would be to have sex and try not to think about conceiving because of the pressure it puts on both of you.

Good Luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I actively tried not to concieve this month as our baby was 2 weeks younger than what the dates showed when he died, I just want to know if we concieve again what our dates are...I missed having sex when I ovulated this month in any case so that ship has sailed. I must admit that I was tempted to but the way I look at it my body needed to get back to normal first.

Advertisement