Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puck Fair

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tartlet

Great buzz around the place already - Bring it on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

Right if you see a fella walking around with a Bend It T-Shirt on with a cartoon david beckham on it, Thats Me! say hello :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Right if you see a fella walking around with a Bend It T-Shirt on with a cartoon david beckham on it, Thats Me! say hello :D

if you'll be walking wearing this every day :confused: then I can't see too many approaching you on day #3 :D but I'll say hi! or maybe just wave from a distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭WillyWonkaBar

I paid 25c for that! Im getting as much use out of it as possible!! a friendly wave will do haha

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

Meeting Americans one year in Kinstons who were commenting on the lovely animal the goat was that year.. I told them he was nothing at all compared to the goat the year before.. Oh Really they asked.. I said Oh no not at all at all.. So they asked what was the goat the year before like.. I said sure look at him over there on the wall over the fire!! (Where they had a mounted head of a goat!) :D

The look on their faces was priceless!!.. they said surely not!!! Oh ya I said.. Sure on the 3rd day they take him down and slaughter him on stage.. The look got worse/better.. Really?? they asked.. I said ah ya.. and they make burgers out of him then.. (seeing how far I could push it).. there was silence for a minute an one of them asked What do they taste like.. Dunno I said - Its only one goat and alot of people.. The Burgers are over 200 quid a pop!!.. That was when I got the look of total and utter shock!!!!.. At which point I just broke my hole laughing and set them straight..

Master Card couldnt buy the look on their faces the whole way through the story!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

kerry4sam wrote: »
    if you'll be walking wearing this every day :confused: then I can't see too many approaching you on day #3 :D but I'll say hi! or maybe just wave from a distance!

. . .and you're assuming that Puck Day No.1 is the first day he has worn it. :eek:

oicherider wrote: »
    Meeting Americans one year in Kinstons who were commenting on the lovely animal the goat was that year.. I told them he was nothing at all compared to the goat the year before.. Oh Really they asked.. I said Oh no not at all at all.. So they asked what was the goat the year before like.. I said sure look at him over there on the wall over the fire!! (Where they had a mounted head of a goat!) :D

The look on their faces was priceless!!.. they said surely not!!! Oh ya I said.. Sure on the 3rd day they take him down and slaughter him on stage.. The look got worse/better.. Really?? they asked.. I said ah ya.. and they make burgers out of him then.. (seeing how far I could push it).. there was silence for a minute an one of them asked What do they taste like.. Dunno I said - Its only one goat and alot of people.. The Burgers are over 200 quid a pop!!.. That was when I got the look of total and utter shock!!!!.. At which point I just broke my hole laughing and set them straight..

Master Card couldnt buy the look on their faces the whole way through the story!! ;)

I am honestly not entirely sure what to make of this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

will be heading there in afternoon where is best to park? coming from tralee
    sorry I mean thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sandman21

5 euro was a bit steep for a car park in a field

• Registered Users Posts: 24,072 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

sandman21 wrote: »
    5 euro was a bit steep for a car park in a field

I hope they declare the cash to the Revenue Commissioners, it'll probably sort out the deficit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dezki

does anyone know the name of the guy who was rapping at the fishery on tuesday night?...no diggity is the only song i can remember that he was involved in..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

whats the story with the goat does he have to stay up on the hill/tower/wall whatever constantly for the three days??

bit cruel don't you think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Was staying in Killarney so took Deros 8pm. bus to Puck on Wednesday. Arrived town full of people and stalls. Couldn't get over the filth of the place, not a bin in sight sliding all over the place on chips and beer cans. Found a pub off the main street, a bit of a time warp. Got myself and herself a drink and saw some room in the bay window beside a drunk. He moves over to give herself the spot where he pissed himself. Back down town, the Walls came on stage but not really her type of music, back to Killarney on the half ten bus and had a few pints there. So much for Puck.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭oicherider

trad wrote: »
    Was staying in Killarney so took Deros 8pm. bus to Puck on Wednesday. Arrived town full of people and stalls. Couldn't get over the filth of the place, not a bin in sight sliding all over the place on chips and beer cans. Found a pub off the main street, a bit of a time warp. Got myself and herself a drink and saw some room in the bay window beside a drunk. He moves over to give herself the spot where he pissed himself. Back down town, the Walls came on stage but not really her type of music, back to Killarney on the half ten bus and had a few pints there. So much for Puck.

Ya.. You got there a bit late alright...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Dont let me put you off, thousands of people enjoyed themselves there and it's running since Adam was a lad, just not our cup of tea or maybe I'm getting old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

was in puck on second eveningloved itevening was lovely, i do not grace the pubs, find them too full and hotit was just fantastic, plenty stalls, music, and fun for all the familywill be back next year to enjoy it againgood luck to all who organise it, they do a brill job and work hard from what i saw, nothing but pure enjoyment

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Was staying in Killarney so took Deros 8pm. bus to Puck on Wednesday. Arrived town full of people and stalls. Couldn't get over the filth of the place, not a bin in sight sliding all over the place on chips and beer cans. Found a pub off the main street, a bit of a time warp. Got myself and herself a drink and saw some room in the bay window beside a drunk. He moves over to give herself the spot where he pissed himself.

You paint an enchanting picture of the Puck Fair. :eek:
    Perhaps they'd like to include your review in next year's brochure ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Dont let me put you off,

no fear
    i will not be put off
    as i did enjoy my time there
    and would advise families that they would find it a great place to spend a day or evening
    i will be back next year

Almost this time of the year again!

422198_449351038419118_1692442604_n.jpg

Big anniversary next-year and I'm hearing talks of a 4-day festival :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I'd rather set fire to my hair than go back to that place. I can't see the attraction at all!!?

• Advertisement

I'd rather set fire to my hair than go back to that place. I can't see the attraction at all!!?

Ah tbf their would be a family-friendly atmosphere during the days :) It's not all bad ;)

Advertisement