Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Date

Options
  • 10-12-2008 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Ok i went on a great first date the other evening and i'm trying to find a good place to go on for a second one....any ideas, looking for something that it fun and different....any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Ice-skating in the Spanish Arch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

I didnt know people in Galway went for the whole date thing....I remember asking some girl out on a date, maybe it was the sarcasm inmy voice but she laughed and it was end topic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Quays is always a good spot! Or the cellar for its intimacy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

buckfast down by the canal?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

Christmas on Ice in the Claddagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

3rd for the Ice Rink - What a great time of year to be going on a date, couldn't think of a better place - Fun, can have a chat etc. but not be totally on yer own, have a few laughs (ie. falling :D) - Then maybe for a meal/pint somewhere afterwards?

-Edit- f00k, 5k posts - you'd know I spend all my college 'lecture' time on a pc :( Damn you boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Murphys followed by Freeneys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Cinema, I hear there's a good one in the Liosbaun Estate.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

STD Clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Duuurty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

why not ask the lady in question, you may get a invite to hers for dinner!
    bringing it here too everyone doesnt tailor it too her and you
    ice skating, could be dodgy she might not be able too skate and get embarassed

cinema,, not good on the second date as you want too talk and get too know each other.

i would suggest a meal, weather it be fish and chips or the full slap up
    but...... make the dinner earlyish...
    because if the table is booked late , then she may smell a rat..
    late tables mean chances for coffee invites !
    and if its early and she does fancy coming in, or inviting you in for a coffee then you have more time!!!

my advice is either ask her... or think of the kind of person she is
    if she is outgoing and can skate go for the skating,
    if not go for a meal..
    wish ya all the best and whatever you do have a great time
    (fingers crossed from me )

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Bring her dogging out in silverstrand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

DRakE wrote: »
    STD Clinic

ROFL

Bring her shop lifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Completely freak her out by taking her to a wedding fayre

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭SalthillGuy

I say.... ask a silly question......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

why not ask the lady in question, you may get a invite to hers for dinner!
    bringing it here too everyone doesnt tailor it too her and you
    ice skating, could be dodgy she might not be able too skate and get embarassed

cinema,, not good on the second date as you want too talk and get too know each other.

i would suggest a meal, weather it be fish and chips or the full slap up
    but...... make the dinner earlyish...
    because if the table is booked late , then she may smell a rat..
    late tables mean chances for coffee invites !
    and if its early and she does fancy coming in, or inviting you in for a coffee then you have more time!!!

my advice is either ask her... or think of the kind of person she is
    if she is outgoing and can skate go for the skating,
    if not go for a meal..
    wish ya all the best and whatever you do have a great time
    (fingers crossed from me )

I'd agree with G-Mac...the cinema is a horrible date in general. I wouldn't take a girl there until I knew her well enough that we wouldn't have to talk and me going in for the patented Wompa slide wouldn't be so awkward. I'd go with dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Big NO to ice skating. She breaks ankle(happens more often than you think), blames you...end of dating. You break ankle and she spends all day/evening in A&E listening to you moan and groan like a big girl....end of dating. How about a nice laidback lunch on Sunday followed by a bit of a stroll through town making jokes about Christmas shoppers(always fun). Couple of hot toddys to warm the soul and see where it takes you....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    *mono* wrote: »
    Bring her dogging out in silverstrand!

A) Is that place still going? Thought they tried to shut it down months and months ago.

B) Christ on a bike I'm starting to worry about Galway people.

So after all that how about Club Pradise or what ever its called on Dominic St?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'm still pushing for the clinic

Big NO to ice skating. She breaks ankle(happens more often than you think), blames you...end of dating. You break ankle and she spends all day/evening in A&E listening to you moan and groan like a big girl....end of dating. How about a nice laidback lunch on Sunday followed by a bit of a stroll through town making jokes about Christmas shoppers(always fun). Couple of hot toddys to warm the soul and see where it takes you....

Don't be such a sissy!

GO ICE SKATING! If you fall, you both get to laugh :D

If she breaks her ankle, you stay by her side all evening in Casualty - she realises how much of a gentleman you are = you're in there

You break your ankle, you laugh and go to A&E. She realises how much of a man you are for not whinging like an eejit = you're in there

Win Win :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

I reckon an informal bite to eat, ie not somewhere too stuffy (Maybe try somewhere like Asian Tea House or something where the food itself might spark some conversation) and a drink in some nice old man pub to start with afterwards to give you the chance to actually talk ( Freeneys or Murphys are great options). A relaxed Róisíns type effort gig of some sort would also be cool. Cinema is nice but if you're on here asking about where second date should be maybe you don't feel that comfortable just yet and there's nothing cringier than sitting beside someone in the cinema if you're all nervous. Well done you on doing proper dates, us Galwegians can be a tad crap in that respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Don't be such a sissy!

GO ICE SKATING! If you fall, you both get to laugh :D

If she breaks her ankle, you stay by her side all evening in Casualty - she realises how much of a gentleman you are = you're in there

You break your ankle, you laugh and go to A&E. She realises how much of a man you are for not whinging like an eejit = you're in there

Win Win :D:D:D

LOL. You've never broken your ankle have you? You wouldnt be laughing if you did! :D

Zzippy wrote: »
    LOL. You've never broken your ankle have you? You wouldnt be laughing if you did! :D

No, but I broke my spine - What's my prize? :D

Also broke my finger one time - Didn't realise it at the time to taped it up and kept on playing the match - 2 weeks later I decided to get an XRay when they told me it was broke :eek: Had to get it operated on, re-broken and re-set :(

No, but I broke my spine - What's my prize?
    Whats your prize? Tell your sob story down at the Ice rink and they might give you a free go!

Whats your prize? Tell your sob story down at the Ice rink and they might give you a free go!

Get bent, by the sounds of things the extreme-sport of ice skating isin't for you - probably best off to stick with collecting Barbies for fun

I would but the barbies kept escaping and calling the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No, but I broke my spine - What's my prize? :D

Also broke my finger one time - Didn't realise it at the time to taped it up and kept on playing the match - 2 weeks later I decided to get an XRay when they told me it was broke :eek: Had to get it operated on, re-broken and re-set :(

Ouch! Bet you weren't laughing then :p

I've done the finger thing a few times, the joys of playing hurling - early arthritis... ah well, at least I can tell when there's rain on the way now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Get bent, by the sounds of things the extreme-sport of ice skating isin't for you - probably best off to stick with collecting Barbies for fun

Jeez man, it sounds to me like he was only, ya know, bantering or whatever you want to call it...

OP, what did ya do for the first date, just out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Take her to a good photographers and post up the pics.

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    Ouch! Bet you weren't laughing then :p

I've done the finger thing a few times, the joys of playing hurling - early arthritis... ah well, at least I can tell when there's rain on the way now :D
    Not until the morphene (sp?) kicked in :D
    cornbb wrote: »
    Jeez man, it sounds to me like he was only, ya know, bantering or whatever you want to call it...
    I reckon it was a bit more nitty-gritty than that, however i'll put it down to the fact that i'm in a foul mood because i'm studying for XMas exams :(

Advertisement