Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking bollards @ Dunnes

Options
  • 10-12-2008 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see them being erected in Ballina on Sunday? (7th) I guess Dunnes were sick of the few employees that used the space outside the front doors as parking spots and put these up as a deterrant.

Anyway, as I was driving past, there were 2 vans - from the company that was doing the work......and both of them had northern plates and phone numbers.

My point (yes, I have one!) being that retailers in the south are giving out about consumers going up north - but when this retailer needed something, it went north of the border - couldn't find any workers in the never-ending dole queue to do it! And the dole queue is only a couple of metres away!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

One word: Typical.
    Patriotic my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

lol Mrs Rizla noticed that and said the very same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

It's bull-crap.

I followed in Dunnes footsteps - got a crap-load of drink in Enniskillen! That'll show them.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It's bull-crap.

I followed in Dunnes footsteps - got a crap-load of drink in Enniskillen! That'll show them.:mad:

Up until now, I followed a strict "don't go north" policy. Now it's NI all the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Up until now, I followed a strict "don't go north" policy. Now it's NI all the way...

That didn't take much to make you change your mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement