Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Mail Sending Issue

Options
  • 10-12-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I've just started using Eircom BB for my business and am having the following problem. I can receive e-mail no problem, but cannot send that easily. It takes up to 4 or 5 minutes for a standard text only mail to send.

Eircom customer care are looking in to this but I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with this?

The issue is an SMTP one with the mail1.eircom.net SMTP server.

At the moment I can only send one mail at a time, if I try to send a second whilst the first is in the outbox the second mail just lies there and doesn't send.

As someone who lives in his e-mail all day long I find it very frustrating!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

You never mentioned if you are using Eircom e-mail address? I know eircom switched all mail servers over to a new server and have a new SMTP address, i think it is webmail.eircom.net if you want to test that.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 murray sparkle

Vanbis,

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually use my own domain names for addresses. I tried the webmail.eircom.net just in case and it didn't work.

Eircom told me on Monday that it was being passed on to the CRA team but I've heard nothing since.

It's a pity. Everything else is fine, I can receive okay and the BB speeds are better than what I had with UTV, but sending e-mail is pivotal to what I do.....

hey ho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

It's a pity. Everything else is fine, I can receive okay and the BB speeds are better than what I had with UTV, but sending e-mail is pivotal to what I do.....
    hey ho.

The out going SMTP then for you is mail1.eircom.net. If you go into Outlook checked the settings and make sure you have not ticked "This Server requires authentication" and close and re-open and check again.

I'm not sure what eircom need to check to be honest but wait and see what they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

if you have a domain name, can you not use your hosting companys SMTP server?

i would never send business emails through an ISP's standard mail server

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If the problem is with mail1, and you have to use their smtp server, then why not use mail2.eircom.net and see if that has the same problem.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Go to start > Run > type cmd

Type-

telnet mail1.eircom.net 25

What reply do you get?

Could not open on port 23 Connect failed.

That's what the cmd thing said.

I spoke with Eircom this morning and they said that it's an issue with the static IP address and resolving this with the SMtP?

WTF?

I've just followed the instructions above and fixed it.

In the words of Eric Cartman. I love you guys!

Advertisement