Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP.NET Validation error...

Options
  • 10-12-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone come across a fix for this...

I'm using a flash file on my asp.net masterpage and when I tried using the <embed> element, I get a validation error. So I investigated this and apparently the <embed> element is not supported on this platform and I get an error saying "validation: (xhtml 1.0 transitional): Element 'embed' is not supported."

So I used the <object> element instead, which clears my validation error, only problem is that when I open the webpage using Firefox, my flash file is nowhere to be seen. When I open the page in IE, no problem at all.

:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yeah, I remember this one - it's a bit of pain, but I think there might be hacks for it.

This might help for a start:
    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm not sure if it's much help but I was just working on a small Flash animation. This is the code that I used to embed it into a .aspx file:

[PHP]<object width="320" height="200" >
    <param name="movie" value="flash/animation.swf">
    <embed src="flash/animation.swf" width="320" height="200">
    </embed>
    </object>[/PHP]

Advertisement