Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost package - my rights?

Options
  • 10-12-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on my rights to resolve the following issue I have.

My dad ordered a TV from pixmania.com (I've never heard of them) back in the middle of October. Then about a week later the site said my ordered was shipped and my credit card was charged. After about two weeks still it still hadn't arrived.

Tried getting in touch with the site and this is where my first problem began! There's no email address listed on the site so you have you use their online web form to contact them but the crazy thing is the form is limited to 700 characters! It makes it quite difficult to explain my problem to them. They responded to me by email but there's no point in replying to the email as I tried and they seem to just ignore it.

After a bit of back and fourth they said that An Post was investigating and the investigation would end 22/11/08. On the FAQ on their site they say that if a package is lost and is not found after an investigation usually lasting 3-5 days the item will be reshipped. We thought that should be grand so.

However 22/11/08 passed without any update from them. We've tried contacting them several times on the site and they always just give a standard reply back saying they are investigating. With the 700 char limit on the site it's hard to get my point across. Then yesterday I demanded my money back or I'll be contacting the National Consumer Agency (don't know if this is right agency?). They rang this morning but only my mother was here so she didn't know the full details and they just told her they are investigating.

I'm in a loss what to do now. The TV is a Christmas present and now we've no idea if it's going to get delivered. Can't buy another one in the first one still comes. Any ideas on what my options are? What agency can I get onto? I think they are actually a french company. Can I get on my bank to take the money back?

Much appreciate any help,
    Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

I've bought quite a bit of kit from pixmania and never had a problem.

you should have some tracker details for the package and you can contact anpost directly with the tracker number and find out what the story is.

Try giving 0818 244 100 a call I got that from http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/faq-6-8--what-if-i-receive-someone-else-s-ordery-.html
    or try the number on the contacts page http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/contacts.html.

Just so you know Pixmania are part of the dixons groups same parent company and Currys, Dixons and Pc World.

Let us know how you get on.

Tip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

To get a refund, forget Pixmania, go straight to your credit card customer care line, and ask them to do a charge back for non receipt. Two months is an excessive amount of time to wait, and completely unacceptable. Tell them you've been told nothing from Pixmania, other than they're investigating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

jor el wrote: »
    To get a refund, forget Pixmania, go straight to your credit card customer care line, and ask them to do a charge back for non receipt. Two months is an excessive amount of time to wait, and completely unacceptable. Tell them you've been told nothing from Pixmania, other than they're investigating it.
    Exactly. DHL lost a digital camera that was for a christmas present the year before last. Couldn't wait for pixmania to investigate as it was needed urgently so I charged back. The CC company said if the item is not received within 1 month then they refund instantly (which they did for me on the phone) and it is up to the seller to prove you received the item then. I reordered the item and this time received it after a couple of days.

Since it has been going on this long I wouldnt even bother ringing them since they will only tell you that it is being investigated. Just make sure if it does turn up that it is not accepted (you can refuse the item at which point it is shipped back to pixmania without costing you anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kevfuzz

Thanks for the advice guys.

Got onto credit card company and they said they'd look into it. Then two days later Pixmania emailed and said they'd refund me. Don't know if it was credit card company who got them to do that or if they just decided to but all in all it's over with now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

kevfuzz wrote: »
    Don't know if it was credit card company who got them to do that or if they just decided to but all in all it's over with now. :)

Probably was your bank that got them to refund...if a company has more than X number of customer chargebacks in a certain time period, they will lose their merchant account meaning they can't accept credit cards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement