Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repetitive knocking noice

Options
  • 10-12-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Our Hot Press has suddenly developed a repetitive knocking noice when the radiators are turned on. Doesn't appear to be coming from the water tank. Any idea what the issue is ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

It might be air in the system, try venting the system not forgetting that if it is a closed system you will have to replenish any air you take out with water. Therefore open the supply as you vent the system. Then close off supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

I don't know I'm no plumber but ours does this when the water has become really really hot (eg no dishwasher, washer, bath or shower has been used, not very often i must say)

Someone suggested it was to do with the contracting of the pipes which have little space....if you run the hot water off (at total waste i know unless your having a bath etc) the knocking soon stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Yes, ours used to make unusual sounds when the hot water was not run.

Advertisement