Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creda storage heater problem

Options
  • 10-12-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi
    i was wondering if anyone can help me. i moved into an apartment and it has a Creda TSR 24CW storage heater. I have tried setting both the dials (after the initial 48 hour charge) to what the leaflet told me to do, input (overnight charge) set to 6 and output set to 1 , but still at around 4 or 5 o'clock in the evening the heater is cold as is the room. i seen a thread in this forum from 2004 where someone who had the same problem and they adjusted the dev reg. (i have this also) in the fuse box and it fixed their problem. does anyone know how to adjust this. or if you have any other information that would be of help i would be very thankful.
    below is the image link to the Dev Reg from the post of 2004

7877.JPG

Again thanks a million for any help you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Check that the ESB timer is set correctly, you will need to get to the meter cabinet to check this.

Installation instructions for the Devi-Reg are here

There is a section dealing with setting comfort temps in the morning / evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pauldf

Pete
    Thanks a million for getting back. Yeah i checked and my esb timer is okay its kicking in at the right time, but when i looked at the Devireg manual it's saying that the day setting should be set to the arrow ( which i take to mean midway ) because i'm on the night saver with esb, but when i looked at my Devireg someone has set it to const. which according to the manual is just a test setting. so i'm gonna change it back tonight before its charge and hopefully that will fix it. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pauldf

okay i need some more help here if anyone can help please do.
    i have the creda tsr24cw heaters and the devireg controller in the fusebox ( model 710-2 ). for the last while i have been trying to get my storage heaters to work properly ( heat in the morning and the evening as it is the heaters are gone cold by 5 o'clock in the evening even after an overnight charge ) i downloaded the pdf manual for the devireg and seen that the settings on my devireg were wrong, the day dial was set to constant and according to devireg this is only for test purposes and that the dial should be set to midway. so i did that but now the heaters won't kick in at all, when it was set to constant it came on at the off peak times ( 11pm winter, 12am summer ) but setting it to the midway point stops the heaters coming on at the off peak times, i haven't left the setting to midway to see if the heaters come on in the morning because i need some type of heat in the place even if it is just till 5 o'clock. so now not only will the heaters loose all there heat by 4 or 5 o'clock in the evening, if i set the devireg to how the manual says i should, my heaters won't kick in at all. has anyone had the same problem ( and fixed it ) or am i fighting a losing battle here. i would be very thankful for any help or ideas that anyone can give because i think it has me beaten.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I'd suggest you get a good elecrician to check it out - sounds like the devireg is either faulty or not installed correctly. You could bypass it so the heater is on whenever the esb timer is active, and then adjust using the controls on the heater only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I wouldn't know about the devireg.
    But have you tried to open the output to 6, in the evening?
    I have got the same heaters and found out that I have to do that, from their manufacturers web site.
    So output should be 0-1 when charging (at night) and then you can increase it when you are at home in the evening and need the heat.
    http://www.applied-energy.com/en/creda/products/range/107#

• Advertisement
Advertisement