Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fletch123's Reading Log

• 10-12-2008 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I like to read books. I like to make lists. Finally a way to combine them! :D

Finished today: My Life as a Fake by Peter Carey

I like Peter Carey novels anyway so wasn't disappointed by it. He gets the Frankenstein element just right. I'll be thinking the ideas in it over for a while I think. Thumbs up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Fletch123

Finished the Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood yesterday. It looks at Penelopes side of the Odyssey and the hanging of the 12 Maids. Quick and easy read, a bit feministy and told from an unusual perspective.

Forgot about this for a while!

Julie Parsons- I Saw You- easy read, good thriller. I like the way it's set in the Dublin area and surrounds.

I'm reading Woodbrook by David Thomson at the moment.

Finally finished Woodbrook. A history of the Sligo/Leitrim/Roscommon area through the eyes of a Scottish man tutoring in a 'big house' in that area in the 1930's. It's good although a bit heavy.

Also finished The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry. A rough history from late 1800's to latter half of 1900's of the Sligo/Letirim/Roscommon area...* Probably not a wise choice of book after Woodbrook but I still enjoyed it, although the twist at the end I saw coming from early on in the book.

*Both of these given to me by my mother who has just moved to this area, hence the theme! :)

Finished The Reluctant Fundamentalist the week before last. I liked it although the ending reminded me of Norwegian Wood (I'm not sure if it was an homage or a coincidence).

Haven't started anything new yet, too busy!

Advertisement