Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Akai MPC500

• 10-12-2008 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

hey i dont really post here but i spotted an akai mpc500 for sale over on adverts..http://adverts.ie/83941 i went on youtube and checked some videos of it and it seemed class..i dont have money for one at the moment(x-mas..too many siblings!!) but definetly something i'm looking at gettin next year.. anyhow are they any good for sampling etc? making beats etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

what do you want to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

just kinda wanna mess around making beats using samples.. i have a home studio see.. i can make beats in logic but i wanna more hands on kinda job.. be handy for live sets if i ever got around to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

They're cool alright - depends what genre you're into but they're very adaptable machines no doubt. If I were you I'd definitely be pushed more towards an MPC1000. Not a huge difference in price but a MASSIVE difference in features and usability, especially with the new JJOS for it.

(Youtube 'Beat MPC' and have fun :D)

im presuming your making dance music,i think there more suited to hip hop.
    i personally dont see the attraction of doing something the long way around when you can do it inside logic.if you want to tweak something buy a hardware synth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

get an mpd.

hardware midi controller that has the same sort of physical layout as an mpc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

jtsuited wrote: »
    get an mpd.

hardware midi controller that has the same sort of physical layout as an mpc.

M-audio trigger finger is also pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Went into a well-known Dublin music shop a few years ago and asked for one of those machines.
    Was told that they don't sell these to just anyone and I can't bring it back if it's too complicated to use.
    Walked off totally speechless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Nolanger wrote: »
    Went into a well-known Dublin music shop a few years ago and asked for one of those machines.
    Was told that they don't sell these to just anyone and I can't bring it back if it's too complicated to use.

North o' the river?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

seannash wrote: »
    im presuming your making dance music,i think there more suited to hip hop.
    i personally dont see the attraction of doing something the long way around when you can do it inside logic.if you want to tweak something buy a hardware synth.

they're pretty cool for stuff like hip hop, drum and bass, broken beat house, breakbeat and stuff like that, and they're REALLY cool for letting you make music without having stare and a screen and muck about with a mouse

It feels more enjoyable and creative, but there's very little you can really do with them that you couldn't do perfectly well with kontakt and battery...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Nolanger wrote: »

to be honest thats a pretty fair standpoint from the shop

if you havent got a clue what youre doing an mpc can be baffling to even make a sound

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    to be honest thats a pretty fair standpoint from the shop

if you havent got a clue what youre doing an mpc can be baffling to even make a sound
    yeah id imagine they had alot of returns from people who saw them being used but couldnt get the results they were after.there not really the out of the box type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mistabutta

thanks for the comments guys! i think i'm gonna get one in january

Advertisement