Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frost, Ice and Possible Snow Showers this Weekend (13th-16th Dec 08)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Heavy 2hr snowfall here

This is the aftermath.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055440526

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hey guys is there any chance of that snow coming to limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Another shower of small hail atm .

temp 0.5c
    dp 0.3
    wb 0.5

The fog has cleared and the sky is clearing ,the moon is peeping out from behind the clouds, and the local roads are now an ice rink, all in a few minutes, some very white anvils to my SW , and also of more intrest to me , to the north :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

in meath and nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just looked at the charts. So, are we ruling out any possibility of snow here in the east?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

arctictree wrote: »
    Just looked at the charts. So, are we ruling out any possibility of snow here in the east?

Going with Met E the north east have a chance tomorrow.

Useless to us here in Wicklow.
    Staying very cold on Sunday, with frost and fog clearing only slowly, but dry and bright apart from a few wintry showers near Atlantic coasts and the risk of some rain or sleet in east Ulster. Light winds throughout. Highest temperatures 3 to 6 degrees Celsius

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i was wrong- it's actually snowing again- and it's sticking all over the place now!!!:D

Same here , snowing again , and the ground (and the roads) frozen so everything sticking , the amazing thing is the temp still has'nt dropped below freezing .0.3c atm .

it's been snowing for 20 minutes now.
    i wonder is it just a prolonged shower or a possible trough- as there is no sign of the cloud breaking up. if it's a trough line those of you longing for snow further inland could be in business. there is close to an inch now in the backyard!!!!!!! this is awesome. i wasn't expecting this which makes it even better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Do you live in the green area???

3hr-rain.jpg

Looks like a trough!

yes i do!!!

sweet! so hopefully the trough moves east or south eastwards across the country and doesn't die out then maybe more of you further inland could get some snow out of it.

That is what is expected to be happening around 11.00pm tonight... so loads more snow for you there lad.

well, it's actually turning sleety now:eek:

ah well, there's nearly an inch in the backyard so i'm not going to complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sweet Fanny Adams here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

A good inch sitting and still falling here.

My white christmas came early.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_gS7YDd91IvA/SUQvRj2rrTI/AAAAAAAALV0/VOc05wN3sQQ/s720/IMG_1358.JPG
    IMG_1358.JPG
    Remember, thats on the drive in the shelter of the house, much more on the grass etc.

IMG_1360.JPG

Quite sticky stuff too, thats chicken wire.

ch750536 wrote: »
    http://lh6.ggpht.com/_gS7YDd91IvA/SUQvRj2rrTI/AAAAAAAALV0/VOc05wN3sQQ/s720/IMG_1358.JPG
    IMG_1358.JPG
    Remember, thats on the drive in the shelter of the house, much more on the grass etc.

Jeez take it easy Mr Knievel , make sure de brakes aint frozen , and put up a safety net.............:D

Amazing ........ fields / roads etc are buried under app 2ins of sneachta but air temps still above zero ????.......0.01c atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Wonder if this will contribute to flooding. In the UK they have 50 flood warnings in affect.

Hal1 wrote: »
    Wonder if this will contribute to flooding. In the UK they have 50 flood warnings in affect.

yes,there is a fierce battle being waged over England between arctic air and southerly air. scotland and the north east of england are in for a significant amount of snow as a consequence of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

hey guys is there any hope of this snow cumin to limerick

Tonight is going to be very interesting. Met Eireann are forecasting a shallow low to move down from the N after midnight...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 451 ✭✭thetyreman

Why would anyone hope for snow except to wake up to it on xmas morning and just have it for the day for the kids sake.At any other time it is a major inconvienence/danger etc,etc,

tony1212 wrote: »
    hey guys is there any hope of this snow cumin to limerick

Hi Tony, there is a right good chance, but nothing is set in stone either. Did you get any showers in the city today? They should be able to manage the 50 miles or so inland to there...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

more critically for me, is there any of it around Cork?

thetyreman wrote: »
    Why would anyone hope for snow except to wake up to it on xmas morning and just have it for the day for the kids sake.At any other time it is a major inconvienence/danger etc,etc,

well you've convinced me:pac:

keep up the trolling

keep up the trolling

Convinced u of what:confused:

• Advertisement

keep up the trolling
    Convinced you of what :confused:

This discussion has been closed.