Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frost, Ice and Possible Snow Showers this Weekend (13th-16th Dec 08)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

Danno wrote: »
    Hi Tony, there is a right good chance, but nothing is set in stone either. Did you get any showers in the city today? They should be able to manage the 50 miles or so inland to there...

no we got no showers here today, but it is a bit cloudy out there 2nite, hope we get a bit of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

No snow around Limerick yet, looks like those bands of showers earlier on just passed a little to the west, Shannon reported a few snow showers. Could be some if those bands keep passing over but it's touch and go I guess.
    Watching the radar they don't get very far before they dry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

have you a link to the radar site please:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Met Eireann website here:
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

By all forecasts the showers seem to be dying out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

thanks. who knows one or two of the showers might penetrate futher inland yet. if not your snow day will come soon enough:)
    I hope so!! You certainly had decent snow today, lucky you!

Its just dry and frosty here, I think I should give up hoping for any snow tonight.

• Advertisement

cheers mate :)
    nowt in meath not even a frost :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

yes,there is a fierce battle being waged over England between arctic air and southerly air. scotland and the north east of england are in for a significant amount of snow as a consequence of this

Your wrong there. Lots of rain here in Scotland last 48 hrs. We have had enough snow, sick of it already

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Chuileog wrote: »
    Your wrong there. Lots of rain here in Scotland last 48 hrs. We have had enough snow, sick of it already

that's impossible.:eek: this has never happened to me before! There still forecasting a few centimetres of snow for the North East Of England over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Light Snow again and temp still above freezing +0.4c ,............ oh what a night , late december back in 63 , (no sorry) 08 , what a lady what a night .:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Light snow shower here in Choooom. First flurries of the season. :D

• Advertisement

Light snow shower here in Choooom. First flurries of the season. :D

congratulations paddy 1:D :D

Right then , for those who doubt :

Im a fan of outdoor xmas lighting , and this is my lawn at app 10pm .........
    3942126ce3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Showers seem to be making it alot further inland now than earlier on. I can see the "carcusses" of them fleeting over here from time to time... the moon shines through the clouds :P

and furthermore :
    7ff74d0e91.jpg

A final word to JANUARY SNOWSTER .......take a bow .......you called this one right for me mate , not as cold as expected but that does not bother me in the slightest , snow is snow , im struggling to recall the last time i had snow before xmas .........long long time ago .

Well I don't believe it!!! ITS SNOWING!!:D:D:D

danni2 - great to hear you getting snow. Just had a mix of drizzle and very small snow flakes... it seems a Sligo bay streamer is going to deliver to the midlands over the next short while... could be an inch or so of snow for us by dawn if the current set up persists.

Snow falling and sticking at Johnstown in County Kilkenny at 2.30am.

It seems a east/west divide tonight that is aiding a line of showers to develop from Sligo Bay to Waterford City.

Light snowfall here now.

Cheers Danno! Yes the radar shows a stream of showers heading for the midlands, could get interesting in the next couple of hours, light snow atm and it is sticking:D

http://www.raintoday.co.uk is very precise with an update every 15 minutes... Athlone looks like it is getting pummelled with snow at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yes that site is much better then the met radar, does look like Athlone is getting hammered with snow and theres more showers to the north heading there way so there could be a decent amount of snow there come dawn. Stop snowing here now, hope there will be more to come.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Very large splodge of ppn heading into the NW and into the north midlands atm - would be interesting to know what this is producing - any reports?

Just saw Met E reports for 8am - shouldn't have asked - looks like rain generally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭tony1212

well guys no snow at all here inn limerick

nothing in meath not even frosty :mad:
    its not even that cold going out to wash the car :eek:

Just had sleet with wet snow flakes mixed in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

We had heavy snow around 2AM last night, but it did not last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Snow on the mountains here in Donegal but nothing at lower levels

danni2 wrote: »
    Well I don't believe it!!! ITS SNOWING!!:D:D:D

congratulations:D:D

unfortunately, it's been raining on and off all morning here.

cant even wash de car its raining
    a well a white xmas will make up for it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thawing rapidly , just snapped this pic, looking over Tralee with Slieve Mish in the distance.

1f1e49d50a.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement