Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frost, Ice and Possible Snow Showers this Weekend (13th-16th Dec 08)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Well im near duagh and our roads were cover in frozen snow/hail this morning!About an inch or two on the cars,starting to melt know but the roads are bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

It seems this week is going to be full of mild muck with bands of rain crossing the country most days. well, we got snow this weekend so i'm satisfied. although, a polar low or a succession of snow-bearing troughs, right from Greenland, sometime this winter would be most welcome.

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Thawing rapidly , just snapped this pic, looking over Tralee with Slieve Mish in the distance.

1f1e49d50a.jpg

That is a spectacular photo. The other ones of your front garden are good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

congratulations:D:D

unfortunately, it's been raining on and off all morning here.
    Thanks Nacho. It's been mostly cloudy this morning with rain, sleet and wet snow mixed in. I don't think I will see anymore snow now, but I was delighted to see some snow last night.

Roll on the next cold spell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

and furthermore :
    7ff74d0e91.jpg

A final word to JANUARY SNOWSTER .......take a bow .......you called this one right for me mate , not as cold as expected but that does not bother me in the slightest , snow is snow , im struggling to recall the last time i had snow before xmas .........long long time ago .

Thanks glad you got to see some

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

I can see a dusting of snow on the Clare Hills/Burren across the Bay from Rinville

Went for a drive up the road this morning/afternoon and no snow to be seen anywhere on the Burren, must have melted in the sunshine. Absolutely beautiful clear, sunny if cold day and we could clearly see the Twelve Pins covered in snow across the bay.

and furthermore :
    A final word to JANUARY SNOWSTER .......take a bow .......you called this one right for me mate , not as cold as expected but that does not bother me in the slightest , snow is snow , im struggling to recall the last time i had snow before xmas .........long long time ago .
    Lol...
    about an inch or so of snow above 600ft is not a serious snow event!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Tis for those of us above 600ft.

Back in the box with ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

There was nearly an inch of snow in Johnstown County Kilkenny which is only 135m high.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had nothing here over the weekend, not even a patch of frost. Temps above freezing all weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Lol...

Well excuse me , which part of Siberia are you from then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Hasnt melted here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Yet another non event for us here in the east.

I'm packing up and moving to a big mountain in the north west.

Whats house prices like out that direction?

Lol...

Sorry Black Briar but at one point there was an inch of lying snow here too and i'm on low ground. according to some people we wouldn't have any this weekend. so i was chuffed to just get some snow. Anyway it's seldom we get significant snow events in Ireland. also, i don't recall anyone actually saying it was a significant fall of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Snow line was called correct down in the SW from GFS and lowered the further north you go across the western seaboard.

Knew you Kerry lads would stand a better chance of getting snow :)

Seems like it was mostly only hilly areas that got any appreciable settling snow. Nice one to all who got snow, not even a frost here.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

My last pic of this event.....24 hrs later.......and that 'orrible' green grass is back......:o.......boo hoo hoo.......

aa00d9187a.jpg

(the lights of Tralee in the distance)

Well excuse me , which part of Siberia are you from then.
    spoiled by the 80's easterlies lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭j1979p

Looks like you could nearly lock this thread now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

j1979p wrote: »
    Looks like you could nearly lock this thread now :(

Good point. It has ran its course I think. Well done to JS and others for making a fair call and congrats to all who got to see some snow. :) Looking forward to the next snow thread which I hope will be just around the corner. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement