Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in UCD on Monday evenings ...

Options
  • 10-12-2008 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I have a few classes in UCD on Monday and I was wondering if here was anything interesting happening around the Belfield campus on Monday evening as I'd love to hang around and get involved more in student life.

I'd be interested in anything ... especially love sport (not interested in joining a team or anything that competitive) ... basketball would be brilliant.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Wouldnt say there's much going on tbh.
    Term is over so only gonna be people in studying I'd say...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Yeah, campus is dead until after christmas really. That said, in the future if you're ever stuck for something to do in the evenings and want to try something different there are plays on at 7pm every evening in the Dramsoc Theatre (just downstairs from the reception desk in the Newman building). There's a good mix coming up in the new year including popular stuff (12 Angry men in January), more artistic pieces (4.48 Psychosis) and some great original scripts.

You should see posters up around campus advertising that current weeks plays (they're hard to miss being black and white :) ) or have a gander at the board outside of the theatre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

If you love pool than the trap is your best bet but I've heard rumours of dodgy staff ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Bubs101 wrote: »
    If you love pool than the trap is your best bet but I've heard rumours of dodgy staff ;)

Be careful of low flying cue balls, I've heard rumours of dodgier players...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Next semester I think Gamesoc will be running video games events on Monday nights, those will be in the blue room or one of the meeting rooms in the Student Centre, all are welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭shanegj

Every monday its Sci-fi foreign film night + half price pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Thanks folks ... I'll try some of those suggestions ... see you there!

Anyone know what sports are on any given evening? An informal game of basketball or soccer maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

pitchers of fosters for €10....drink urself silly.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Pharm07

flyton5 wrote: »
    pitchers of fosters for €10....drink urself silly.....

oh, those pitchers are baaaaaad!!!

Advertisement