Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irish in australia

Options
  • 10-12-2008 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi,im a bricklayer and have just got my visa to australia,il likely go after christmas...would love if anyone could tell me the best way to find a good job over there,how much wages are,and were to find all the work??? so far im thinking about brisbane ive heard there is alot of work there.........thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

rayme1 wrote: »
    hi,im a bricklayer and have just got my visa to australia,il likely go after christmas...would love if anyone could tell me the best way to find a good job over there,how much wages are,and were to find all the work??? so far im thinking about brisbane ive heard there is alot of work there.........thank you

Hey Ray

Dont know if you have been on this site already
    http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

But plenty of people to help you out and plenty of Irish on it to;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

if u have no mates over here, best bet is to pick up the local papers, or check out the noticeboards in ur accomodation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

problem with being a bricklayer in Brisbane is that the majority of the houses are made of Timber, Victoria might be a better bet for work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

problem with being a bricklayer in Brisbane is that the majority of the houses are made of Timber, Victoria might be a better bet for work

Nope same here just the outside walls are brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

rayme1 wrote: »

Brizzy seems to be still busy, I work for a main contractor and we have not and will not be letting people go in the forseeable future. We have jobs on to last the next year and there are still opportunites coming up that the estmators are working on every week.

Blockies....:rolleyes: Man where you 3 months ago, I tendered 200k worth of block work and only got 1 rerturned tender ! All the blockies wre too busy , too lazy, or too short sighted to realise, that with potential work slowing down they need to pick up work.

Id say you will find work ok as a bricky in Brissy but it has slowed but this is a particulalry troublesome void in the exisitng trades here I have found.

Good luck !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

sorry OP or hi-jacking your thread im a chippy and headin to perth in febuary how ye reckon ill be fixed for work???thanks

Advertisement