Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney capping

Options
  • 10-12-2008 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone recommend someone to replace a chimney capping in Kildare? I don't want to be fobbed off with a new lining (which seems to be the easier and more lucrative option..)

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I'd highly recommend Michael Mitchell of Mitchell Chimneys http://mitchellchimneys.ie

We had an old chimney that was leaking water down the outside of the flue so that the interior plasterwork was soaking wet. He replaced the chimney capping, installed a new flue at the top, installed a mesh and cap to keep birds/water out of the flu, took off the wet plaster and replastered the chimney breast all for €300. He left the place cleaner than it was when he arrived. Very nice guy to deal with, he was prompt in the initial call out to inspect the chimney on a Saturday and did the job the following Monday morning. He does a lot of work for the County Council and judging by his standard of workmanship on our chimney, I'm not surprised that this guy gets the Council's contract as his work is A1.

Tell him that David from Prosperous recommended him (he left his trowel behind him at my place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

I'd highly recommend Michael Mitchell of Mitchell Chimneys http://mitchellchimneys.ie

We had an old chimney that was leaking water down the outside of the flue so that the interior plasterwork was soaking wet. He replaced the chimney capping, installed a new flue at the top, installed a mesh and cap to keep birds/water out of the flu, took off the wet plaster and replastered the chimney breast all for €300. He left the place cleaner than it was when he arrived. Very nice guy to deal with, he was prompt in the initial call out to inspect the chimney on a Saturday and did the job the following Monday morning. He does a lot of work for the County Council and judging by his standard of workmanship on our chimney, I'm not surprised that this guy gets the Council's contract as his work is A1.

Tell him that David from Prosperous recommended him (he left his trowel behind him at my place)

That's brilliant - he sounds like just the man- thanks Dave

Advertisement