Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Charities

Options
  • 10-12-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, in my job I happen to find myself leading a bunch of teenagers once a week and would be interested in putting their youth and enthusiasm to use helping out locally. This is still just in the research phase but are there any local charities in Greystones? I'm still relatively new to the area and would appreciate some information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

All you need to know - and more ...

on volunteerwicklow.ie

You'll find phone details there online and the staff there are very helpful.

Plenty of opportunities and variety and lots of these very local.

Great idea. My line of work these days is as a result of volunteer work done as a youth!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yeah i used the bray volunteer place when i was looking for somewhere for my president's award, sent them an email, they rang back and asked me to come in.
    discussed with me what areas i wanted to volunteer in, how often and for how long etc.
    rang back within a few days and had a few options for me.
    very highly recommended.
    the office is located by the youth centre just opposite the bowling alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Lovely stuff, thanks very much!

Advertisement