Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv upgrade , really slow

Options
  • 10-12-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

I was upgraded today from the 3mb utv package to the 7.6mb package in Carlow, i was told my line was capable of 6mb max and I was happy enough with that, anyhow today I'm getting 238 k down and 300k up, ping at 879ms, is my best option to go back down to the 3mb package?

prior to this i was running at a decent speed average 2500k down and 400 up, ping about 50ms

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

patrickc wrote: »
    I was upgraded today from the 3mb utv package to the 7.6mb package in Carlow, i was told my line was capable of 6mb max and I was happy enough with that, anyhow today I'm getting 238 k down and 300k up, ping at 879ms, is my best option to go back down to the 3mb package?

prior to this i was running at a decent speed average 2500k down and 400 up, ping about 50ms

Line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

A while back almost everyone was complaining of lacklustre speeds after the upgrade (myself included) regardless of ISP. The problem seems to have returned...especially between the hours of 6pm-11pm where my speeds drop to a painful 200kbps. It seems at "peak hours" the service just becomes complete b*ll*cks. I'm on the Roscrea exchange btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Local Tx Power: 12.31 dB
    Remote Tx Power: 18.37 dB
    Local Line Atten.: 30.0 dB
    Remote Line Atten.: 15.5 dB
    Local SNR Margin: 12.5 dB
    Remote SNR Margin: 12.0 dB
    Self Test: Passed
    DSL Standard: G.dmt
    Trellis Coding: Enable
    Framing Structure: Framing-3
    Config Data Up Down
    Intrlvd Fast Intrlvd Fast
    AS0(kbps): - - 2752 0
    AS1(kbps): - - 0 0
    LS0(kbps): 512 0 - -
    LS1(kbps): 0 0 - -
    RValue: 16 0 14 0
    SValue: 8 2
    DValue: 8 32

is that the line stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 crownhill

Speeds have gone downhill again.Fine during the day 3mb normally runs at 2.5 download but for last 3 days after 15:30 speed down to 165kb. Looks like Eircom just move traffic shaping around various parts of the country so people think they are resolving the congestion problem.

Advertisement