Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owen Mooney

Options
  • 10-12-2008 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Here is a link to my website with some original music.
    http://owen.tarmoll.com

At the moment I'm a solo artist, but I do plan on recruiting some band members at some stage, give me a PM if you think you might be interested.

Most of the tracks I've done in the last year or so, a few are a bit older.
    Any feedback would be appreciated (even negative!). I update pretty regularly with new songs, I've become quite prolific in the last few months so you can check back every so often if you like what you hear.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sacul

YES, FEEDBACK!

Its sad that I had to look up 'prolific' X(

Really liking the new stuff. Tongue tied is nice and rocky, got a great groove to it. Feels like the words were done after... methinks you might need to jam them out more while writing the lyrics.

DCBBb is really great. Had some issues streaming, but I'm guessing its just too many processes going on at my end.

Overall, sweet stuff, just be careful not to mumble when you're singing softly... gets difficult to tell what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 slicedpan

w00t! a reply yes some good points there, most of the vocals aren't great, i think daybreak is the only song that has reasonably well recorded vox on it, and lyrics are definitely subject to change. tongue tied is one of the weaker songs vocally at the mo but hopefully i'll get some inspiration and do it properly. Also I now have a myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/owenmooney if that's handier for people to listen to the songs, but i can only put 6 up at a time. anyway that's the news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FMrFox

Hey, Some really good stuff there. The quality of the tracks on your myspace is amazing really. Some really nice production went into those which is a serious breath of fresh air considering the quality of alot of independent stuff I hear on the net. I agree about the vocals. Well worth checking out if your a fan of radiohead or music in that kind of style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sacul

old coral+new coral= mindfudge. Especially when you're about half a beat off in one, does some fun stuff with the bass drum.

Did you get better strings for the second version? The first one I thought 'midi keys', but the new one I thought 'string section'... so a very definite improvement.

Advertisement