Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurety.com

Options
  • 11-12-2008 12:09am
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sorry guys if this was asked before. I had an agent at my house tonight trying to set me up with an income protection plan. It works out at €78 per month.
    Has any one had any dealings with this company or has does any one Know this company
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

I don't know about Insurety, but it is likely that they are a re-seller for one of the major life offices.

In this case, you should be more concerned with who it is underwriting the income protection plan.

Friends First & Canada Life are the major sellers of income protection; it is likely that one of these is behind the plan.

Did the agent mention that you can get tax relief on the premiums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭MB74

Who is the underwriter?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The company is part of the Aviva Group. Also the agent did mention that i can get tax relief on the premiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

scaller wrote: »
    The company is part of the Aviva Group. Also the agent did mention that i can get tax relief on the premiums.

That sounds like Hibernian to me, I forgot to mention them in my last post.

Hibernian do not underwrite individual Income Protection policies in Ireland. I think that you will find that the policy is underwritten by Hamilton Insurance Co. and that Hamilton is a member of the AVIVA Group of companies.

You should probably do some additional research on the product and get a copy of the policy conditions, paying particular attention to what is not covered.

You should also do a comparison with one or two other providers of such products and compare the benefits, exclusions, premiums etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

any progress?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Purplebetty

Insurety are a reseller of a Insurance plan.. the plan does pay out if you fit all the boxes... But there are alot of boxes to meet and tick. Also nearly ALL of their agents are without qualifications. AS this product is not classed as a Life product they dont need have any qualifications to sell it. Most of their staff are ex combined insurance or double glazing sales people so they dont leave your door unless they sell something. They dont seem to trust their staff as they send out inspectors with them and do call up checks to you to see what the agent told you when selling the plan.
    Everything is about money with them. They seem to rant off in a sales pitch which has been learned off... they use a presenter to sell the product and use silly sales lines to get you to sign... when they have done that they almost torture you until you give them friends numbers, and then they blame you for sending them to your friends.

their plan is not like all income protections sold by friends first and canada life, there is no tax relief on it... and you must pay while you claim. There is much cheaper out there also, even though they DID offer a money back guarantee there are others that work out alot cheaper.... think of all the interest they have made back on the money back offer before they give it to you.. Anyway its after 12 years no claims since they are only open since 1997 and have shown photos of people getting money back after 12 years for several years now i wonder if this is the case at all.... did you ever check out some of the photos on their site.... are they for real!?!?!?!?!?!? Really i wonder... wouldnt like to be depending on it.....

In short, consider before you buy.... and ask your seller are they a QFA if they are not dont buy from them as they probably only got trained a few months ago.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

If this person called to your house without an appointment, that is very unprofessional. A lot of companies engage reps who do this and I personally wouldn't lose the heat from my house by opening the door to them. They are trained to spout the company mantra and only have their product to offer. If you feel you need this cover, do more research and only deal with a QFA (Qualified Financial Advisor)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Purplebetty

Yes QFA;s are the only way to go. They keep up the good standards that the Insurance Industry insists on... whereas most of the Insurety and Combined Insurance staff dont care. they will just sign you up so they get paid...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thread is over 1yr old.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement