Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Camera in Duty Free

• 11-12-2008 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi, I want to buy myself a digital camera for xmas. I will be flying outside the EU next week and I am wondering if I should wait to buy a camera in Dublin Duty Free. If so any recommendations?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Depends on where you are going. Duty free shops tend to be expensive taking account for the fact that they are in airport property with high rents.

Boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

I am flying to istanbul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Buy it in a market in istanbul not the airport.
    Airport pricing is normally a rip-off.
    lushballs wrote: »
    I am flying to istanbul.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Buy it in a market in istanbul not the airport.
    Airport pricing is normally a rip-off.

Or even in Istanbul duty free. I priced Ipods in Dublin Airport duty free last week. The 8GB 4G Nano was €30 more in the airport than Argos (and Argos aren't the cheapest either).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭lushballs

I want the camera for my trip to Istanbul so buying it in Istanbul Airport Duty Free on the way back is not an option. Any recommendations?I want a camera that has good internal memory. Approx 175 Euros.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement