Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod of the year

Options
  • 11-12-2008 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about the mod of the year vote.

Excellent idea, but the two mods I really wanted to vote for are not on the list. (Seamus and Nerin)

So what do I do with my precious vote now then?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

*puts on fake moustache and hat*

Vote for that almightycushion chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I mod the same forum as nerin, so by voting for me you are voting for him by proxy

Nerin thanks you in advance for your vote

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

orestes wrote: »
    I mod the same forum as nerin, so by voting for me you are voting for him by proxy

Nerin thanks you in advance for your vote

Ahem.

*Punches*

*Then waits to sabotage Bonyarsedbogman.*

*And sabotage*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

SDooM wrote: »
    Ahem.

*Punches*

*And sadotage*

Fixed that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

SDooM wrote: »

*And sabotage*

I'm not even on the list! :(
    Fixed that for you

Thats so 40 minutes ago :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In serious answer Gandalf Kharn organised the nominations, however at this point I don't think he is going to make any more changes at this late stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Gandalf23 wrote: »

Spoil it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

*puts on fake moustache and hat*

Vote for that almightycushion chap.

OK ... that cushion chappie gets my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

You can vote for me Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I can fix any vote you like.

Send a cheque with the award and the nominees name written on the back. Alternatively I'll accept 20s and 50s, used notes only.

In the case of conflicting nominations, I will accept alcohol, drugs and other favours in order to achieve the correct result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hagar for mod of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I didn't pay much attention to this when I had access, but anyway;

Who decides on the nominees (for any of the categories, but in this case, mods)? Other mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

You can vote for me Gandalf.

It's mod of the year.

Not knob of the year.

I didn't pay much attention to this when I had access, but anyway;

Who decides on the nominees (for any of the categories, but in this case, mods)? Other mods?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

snyper wrote: »
    Hagar for mod of the year.
    Vote early, vote often. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Time is an illusion. I vote for me. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's a thread in the Awards board explaining how the selection process works (if ye lazy gits were bothered reading it :p).

togster wrote: »
    Time is an illusion. I vote for me. :pac:

Hey n00b! I'll say when its time for an illusion! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's OK. Your vote has won my heart.

That's all that matters.

Thanks for the clarifications :)

Anyone any opinion as to why a nomination process has to be limited to a certain section of the community, away from the users who may wish to put forward their own poster/mod etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I thought it was a bit like the Professional Footballer's Association "Player of the Year" type thing. The fans aren't involved in the nomination/voting just the other players.

Hagar wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit like the Professional Footballer's Association "Player of the Year" type thing. The fans aren't involved in the nomination/voting just the other players.

That's fair enough, up to a point at least, for the mods. What about the other categories though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Amp..... no one comes even close.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'd imagine it's because it's easier to gather details from a single thread in the mods forum where there's a limited number of users than it would be from a thread in Feedback that could run to a thousand posts. It's only a bit of fun after all.

If thats the case, you might as well let the smods decide, or an even smaller group, the admins (those of each group whom are about regularly).

No one is trying to knock the fun out of it, but if it's a closed shop to a certain section of the site, then there is room for improvement, no?

I know there's about eleven million mods here now, but that's hardly the point.

Amp..... no one comes even close.

Let it go. I doubt Amp gives a fcuk about what you think of him now, or boards for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If thats the case, you might as well let the smods decide, or an even smaller group, the admins (those of each group whom are about regularly).

No one is trying to knock the fun out of it, but if it's a closed shop to a certain section of the site, then there is room for improvement, no?

I know there's about eleven million mods here now, but that's hardly the point.

Im with the Roundmiester on this one, the whole mod of the year is a big circlejerktastic wánkfest IMHO. Its always a clicque who votes for certain members of said clique. I think the users of this site should have the casting and deciding vote here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Just wondering about the mod of the year vote.

Excellent idea, but the two mods I really wanted to vote for are not on the list. (Seamus and Nerin)

Awwwwww
    *hug*
    ^_^

Manties wrote: »
    Im with the Roundmiester on this one, the whole mod of the year is a big circlejerktastic wánkfest IMHO. Its always a clicque who votes for certain members of said clique. I think the users of this site should have the casting and deciding vote here.

I tried to thank you again yesterday for a post on AS, but couldn't :/ I've thanked you in spirit anyway.

There's a clique element there at times alright, but I don't know if its as bad as it could be.

I'd agree though, that it (being all the awards) should be open to all. It could be as simple as having a nominated person for each category who can receive suggestions via PM, or on a dedicated thread in Awards, over say a week, and then putting the top twenty in the pot for a final vote. Keeping the poll hidden is a good idea though, as it adds to the suspense and the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

It's mod of the year.

Not knob of the year.
    Personal abuse!! PERSONAL ABUSE!!

Advertisement