Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod of the year

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Personal abuse!! PERSONAL ABUSE!!

Calm down now Neil ... dont get all excited!! Big deep breaths, take the caps key off, and use your indoor voice.

I'd hate for you to lose the run of yourself again and get another feedback infraction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Kisses ;)

Kisses ;)

Look Neil, I've already asked you by PM to stop coming on to me. I am not interested.

The kisses and other (ahem ... ) "offers" you made via PM are cute (and flattering) but your just not my type.

What part of "no" don't you understand?

Well I mean I thought because we were now on a first name basis...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bmurphy4ireland

some good mods, and some are absolute ****e

• Advertisement

Well I mean I thought because we were now on a first name basis...

Look Neil, I'm sure you'll find some nice boy someday soon .... plenty of fish in the sea and all that :D

I'm just out of your league.

Maybe set your standards (a lot) lower and keep trying!!!

Tip: next time you like someone, dont come on so strong by PM. Some people might be into the kinda stuff you were offering, but you need to lead up to it slowly :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hagar wrote: »
    Vote early, vote often. Vote AlmightyCushion

Thanks, Hagar. See I'm so great even the competition are telling you to vote for me.
    I tried to thank you again yesterday for a post on AS, but couldn't :/ I've thanked you in spirit anyway.

There's a clique element there at times alright, but I don't know if its as bad as it could be.

I'd agree though, that it (being all the awards) should be open to all. It could be as simple as having a nominated person for each category who can receive suggestions via PM, or on a dedicated thread in Awards, over say a week, and then putting the top twenty in the pot for a final vote. Keeping the poll hidden is a good idea though, as it adds to the suspense and the craic.

Poll idea doesn't really work because you'd never be able to have a poll that could cater for all the potential candidates (especially for the like of poster of the year).

Maybe a sub forum of awards that is private. When it comes time to decide nominees a certain amount of randomly selected users (Randomly selected to a certain degree obviously to rule out people who signed up but haven't been active in ages). These guys discuss it in the forum and make their nominees. Requires a bit of effort, especially with the randomly selected thing though.

Randomly selected shortlist committee could work out quite well actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Randomly selected shortlist committee could work out quite well actually.

Why not leave it open for feedback to decide.

Because, ya know, that won't degenerate into 400 pages of abuse towards some mods/users.........

GuanYin wrote: »
    Why not leave it open for feedback to decide.

Because, ya know, that won't degenerate into 400 pages of abuse towards some mods/users.........

GY sarcasm is funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Poll idea doesn't really work because you'd never be able to have a poll that could cater for all the potential candidates (especially for the like of poster of the year).

Maybe a sub forum of awards that is private. When it comes time to decide nominees a certain amount of randomly selected users (Randomly selected to a certain degree obviously to rule out people who signed up but haven't been active in ages). These guys discuss it in the forum and make their nominees. Requires a bit of effort, especially with the randomly selected thing though.

I know a poll won't work, at least not until the number of candidates/mods/users etc., is whittled down to twenty.

I still think one nominated person for each category is the way to go. I'm erring away from the idea of an open thread, due to the almost inevitable cliquery and muppetry from those with an axe to grind (as I see GY has already alluded to in her own unique way ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

(as I see GY has already alluded to in her own unique way ;) )

Oh come on!! What was wrong with that???? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I agree with everyone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't know how to phrase this but I'll try briefly. A lot of great modding goes unnoticed by the masses, it's just the way it is. A forum running well is credit to the mods involved.

Everytime I think about this I come up with mods that are worth a mention that have been missed by us in moderators, it's just the way it is, dodgy memories and all.

At the end of the day it's only a bit of fun with no-one taking it too seriously. Kudos to those up there, I know the mods listed in awards that operate in the forums I frequrent are deserved nominees.

Terry wrote: »
    I agree with everyone.

lol

Can I anti-vote against Terry? he's obviously pushing for the populist vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Vote for me instead of Terry. My ambition is to get more votes than Terry but I think half the users in C&T have forgotten I exist because they are so well behaved usually and I'm not sure too many of the photography forum know that there is life outside photography. I need help.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This guy (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58222383&postcount=2) seemed to have a good idea.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I got nominated for the very first time :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I know I'm the bestest mod in here, no need for public recognition.

Yes, you can anti-vote against me.

The more votes I get, the bigger my e-penis gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Calina wrote: »
    and I'm not sure too many of the photography forum know that there is life outside photography. I need help.
    I posted in the Cricket forum once.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Calina wrote: »
    ... and I'm not sure too many of the photography forum know that there is life outside photography.
    You're right.

I was talking to one of your regulars in the pub the last night. I was asking him how he found Boards, and we chatted about the Photography forum for a couple of minutes.

Then I asked him what he thought of AH.

"What?"

"After Hours?"

"Oh, I don't think they're great for it in this pub, mate."

"Er ... em, Feedback?"

[puzzled look] "No, the music's fine actually." [/puzzled look]

/me racks brain for conversational topic

"Em, so, eh ... Canon or Nikon?"

Fatal mistake. Two hours later I reeled out of the pub. Not drunk, punch-drunk. Felt a bit like I was shot out of a cannon, actually ...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If he starts modding drunk again he'll get my vote.

...He mods sober?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

...He mods sober?
    I havent confirmed that I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

sully sully sully sully sully

Vote for Sully... I can't think of any funny to say. Just vote for him, the guy does a lot of work.

...He mods sober?
    Between the hours of when I wake up and 7pm.

So 8pm til 7pm then aye?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

So 8pm til 7pm then aye?
    23 hours a day?

You're thinking of Ruu-bot!

Advertisement