Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e71 feature not supported

• 11-12-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

hi all
    Set up gmail on my e71 recieves emails fine but will not send them error message says feature not supported.
    I am on 3 not sure if that matters and also my emails do not push to my phone. If anyone could explain how to do that I would be forever thankful.
    Please, please help!!!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If its the gmail application thats a bug it seems. Happens on my nokia 5700 a fair bit since upgrading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Cutie_pc wrote: »
    hi all
    Set up gmail on my e71 recieves emails fine but will not send them error message says feature not supported.
    I am on 3 not sure if that matters and also my emails do not push to my phone. If anyone could explain how to do that I would be forever thankful.
    Please, please help!!!!
    Thanks

Hm?
    I get gmail on vodafone and o2 e71 using the built-in client and gmail apps without probs - send AND receive. It's gotta be a 3-thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

strecker wrote: »
    Hm?
    I get gmail on vodafone and o2 e71 using the built-in client and gmail apps without probs - send AND receive. It's gotta be a 3-thing...
    I am using the built in email thing, I suspect that I have done setting it up as I am not great with tech :(
    Thanks for advice, think I may have to visit a 3 shop and seek help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Cutie_pc wrote: »
    I am using the built in email thing, I suspect that I have done setting it up as I am not great with tech :(
    Thanks for advice, think I may have to visit a 3 shop and seek help!

Have you tried the gmail application? Works quite well on e71.
    Also, on the built in client: have you tried non gmail email accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

gmail has a guide on exactly how to set it up on a nokia symbian phone in their help section

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    gmail has a guide on exactly how to set it up on a nokia symbian phone in their help section

...and for those with limited Googling skilz:
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78887

The built in app causes the phone to beep at me whenever a new mail comes in, I then either ignore it based on the header that pops up on the home screen or I open the mail and reply using the GMail Java app as the Symbian one is not actually that great for reading/ replying to the emails. If there are attachments, or I have something else that I want to attach then I'd use the Symbian app as the Java one does not allow that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

to the op,
    i have the e71 on three as well, and i find the best solution using Gmail is SystemSEVEN push email. its available for free beta download. very quick, push works perfectly, integrates with smart keys on the phone etc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

robinph wrote: »
    ...and for those with limited Googling skilz:
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=78887

The built in app causes the phone to beep at me whenever a new mail comes in, I then either ignore it based on the header that pops up on the home screen or I open the mail and reply using the GMail Java app as the Symbian one is not actually that great for reading/ replying to the emails. If there are attachments, or I have something else that I want to attach then I'd use the Symbian app as the Java one does not allow that.

I was just about to do that but the phone did it automatically once i entered my gmail email and password. Simple as!

Now my phine seems to be **** slow. What are the best settings for gmail?

Advertisement