Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol price watch

Options
  • 11-12-2008 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hey

Just driving home from college there today and i noticed that petrol is 98.9cent in tesco clarehall, just wondering how did this compare to other prices around the country or dublin...

post your prices for the benefit of us all....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

49.8 euro cents where I am ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

what....

what kinda petrol is that.....

where are you

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

ahhh perth.....

god dam it, bit far to travel for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Anyone notice that garages have hit the 99.9c mark and aren't budging now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Service Station is Carrick is 95.9c Petrol and 94.9c Diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Scottie99

acer911 wrote: »
    ahhh perth.....

god dam it, bit far to travel for it....

Perth, Scotland?;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dools2007

98.9 in both Texaco (Kylemore Road) and the Maxol station at the top of Constitution Hill this morning.

Usually the Maxol in Harolds Cross is very good as well but haven't passed by there lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Kelloil in Tralee (the one near the Hospital) was 94.9 for Diesel and 97.9 for Petrol. Think another station on the same road has the same price for fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Texaco on the old N2 (ashbourne road) is usually pretty cheap. Its 98. something now.
    I also have noticed that most are either leaving it at 99.9 or else even worse, increasing it to 101.9 and back to 99.9 every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

98.5 in letterkenny on mon and it just dropped in donegal town to 99.9 yesterday morning (all 3 garages at the same time funny that)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

There is already a site that has the prices

www.pumps.ie

www.pumps.ie

True but those prices are out of date where as this thread is giving todays price.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How about rather than giving todays prices here, you update the site thats specifically designed for the purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

still 104 ish round galaway city, cartel bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 james08

petrol 96.9 in sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Petrol 99.9 Campus in DunShauglin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Notch000 wrote: »

+1

:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

www.pumps.ie

Dont forget to update our petrol alerts page too on http://www.bestgarages.ie :cool:

The more the merrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Na Tom hogans and the texaco on the docks are both sub euro now. Well according to the thread in the Galway forums.

But ya Galway city has a serious Topaz cartel going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Saruman wrote: »
    Texaco on the old N2 (ashbourne road) is usually pretty cheap. Its 98. something now.
    I also have noticed that most are either leaving it at 99.9 or else even worse, increasing it to 101.9 and back to 99.9 every few days.

To be fair the UNL cost price has stabilised in the past 2 weeks so no one has the leeway to really move down past the 99.9c mark, there is a 2.6c drop looking like its going to come through on Friday so I'd expect UNL to have a 97.9c price point to be fairly widespread over the weekend/early next week.

As for the increasing and decreasing the price you'll find thats only being done on Derv, the cost prices on Derv are a bit crazy at the minute, jumping up and down one or two cents every day or so. A lot of sites are made to change their prices on fixed days the most common would be every Tues & Fri, so a site might reduce to 99.9 on tuesday in line with the price drop, but come friday they have to put it up again due to price spike on the day.

Again Derv should come down to 99.9 accross the board by early next week also.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Petrol is 95.9c per litre in Clarina, Co. Limerick. Diesel is 97.9c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Paulw0t

Actually Texaco on the docks is now 99.9c I was pretty shocked when I drove past last night.

Hammertime wrote: »
    To be fair the UNL cost price has stabilised in the past 2 weeks so no one has the leeway to really move down past the 99.9c mark,

I think the point was (mine and others) that it should be lower than it currently is but they have kept it artificiality high.

A few months back, Oil was near $150 a barrel and petrol was about the €1.30 mark. It is now something like $45 a barrel which is about $100 cheaper and yet we are still paying €1/litre (99.9c). How can we only be paying 30c less when oil prices are at their lowest in years and the price is about what it was in 2002 or so.

Saruman wrote: »
    I think the point was (mine and others) that it should be lower than it currently is but they have kept it artificiality high.

A few months back, Oil was near $150 a barrel and petrol was about the €1.30 mark. It is now something like $45 a barrel which is about $100 cheaper and yet we are still paying €1/litre (99.9c). How can we only be paying 30c less when oil prices are at their lowest in years and the price is about what it was in 2002 or so.

Not true I'm afraid, the barrel in June 2004 was the same price as the barrel is now. The average pump price in June 2004 was 100.9 Unleaded and 91.9 Derv.

And thats without the 8c tax put on the UNL by the government. So take that off the price at the pump today and your left with a price of 91.9c UNL and about 100.9 Derv at the pumps today.

So fuel is EXACTLY the same price today as it was last time the barrell was this price over 4 years ago. Factor in inflation and huge rising operational costs and in fact fuel is being sold cheaper today than it was 4 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not this again! The price is correct in historical terms, that is to say 4 years ago when oil was about 40 bucks we were paying about a euro.

edit Hammertime beat me to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,879 ✭✭✭billyhead

I heard that Tesco petrol is inferior to pertrol purchased in other station like Esso etc. Is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*shakes head*

billyhead wrote: »
    I heard that Tesco petrol is inferior to pertrol purchased in other station like Esso etc. Is this true?

:P

• Advertisement

Oh its even less now? Well then, there goes my conspiracy theory :D Unless of course it was artificially high in 2004 also :D then i can have my conspiracy.

Oh and no billyhead the fuel at tesco is the same as others. It gets delivered by Statoil. Not sure if thats the case still since statoil are gone but it certainly was until Topaz bought everything with a petrol pump.

Advertisement