Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol price watch

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I actually avoided using a Topaz to get to Josephine's for 92.8 due to them not sending me the SMS this week - I assumed they were keeping the previous weeks prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Diesel for 91.9 in Palmerstown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

I have to laugh at all the happiness on this thread now, people cheering at the petrol prices coming down and how wonderful it all is.

The irony of it all is the petrol stations are absolutely going to town on their margins and are making double and triple and more than what they were making anytime in the past 2 years.

It such shows how foolish the public are and how sheeplike they follow the retard media like the AA and the fools that were bleating on about the cosy Pertol Price Cartels that were holding us to ransom at €1.40 a litre and making loads of money .

I've explained on here so many times that the cheaper the price the better for forecourt operators, as we make shed loads more money with very cheap petrol prices. Normally I get told how wrong I am and then get shouted down by people who read the Irish Indepedent letters page and therefore think they are experts on a subject.

I was making between 1c and 1.5c a litre for the past year up until 2 months ago, I'm making close to 6 cents now, far far more than I've ever made and we're all selling selling mountains of the stuff, yet everyone is happy as larry with their local petrol station??? Wheres the 'experts' like Conor Faughnan now? surely he has his finger on the pulse and realises that fuel should really be selling at about 86c a liter now? Its seems not..... :rolleyes:

Its a funny old world.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm well aware of the margins due to family involvement in the trade; just happy enough that its significantly cheaper than it was before...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

That would explain the massive range of prices a bit. There were places around Trim selling both fuels for 110 a litre. Then there is a place on Trim Dublin road selling Diesel at 89.99.. bit of a mad price gap there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

91.9 for petrol and diesel in Mountrath at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Hammertime wrote: »
    I have to laugh at all the happiness on this thread now, people cheering at the petrol prices coming down and how wonderful it all is.

The irony of it all is the petrol stations are absolutely going to town on their margins and are making double and triple and more than what they were making anytime in the past 2 years.

It such shows how foolish the public are and how sheeplike they follow the retard media like the AA and the fools that were bleating on about the cosy Pertol Price Cartels that were holding us to ransom at €1.40 a litre and making loads of money .

I've explained on here so many times that the cheaper the price the better for forecourt operators, as we make shed loads more money with very cheap petrol prices. Normally I get told how wrong I am and then get shouted down by people who read the Irish Indepedent letters page and therefore think they are experts on a subject.

I was making between 1c and 1.5c a litre for the past year up until 2 months ago, I'm making close to 6 cents now, far far more than I've ever made and we're all selling selling mountains of the stuff, yet everyone is happy as larry with their local petrol station??? Wheres the 'experts' like Conor Faughnan now? surely he has his finger on the pulse and realises that fuel should really be selling at about 86c a liter now? Its seems not..... :rolleyes:

Its a funny old world.

but are you making more profit per litre because your buying it for a lot less than you were six months ago?,or are more people visiting because they are seeking out the best price in the area? i dont think people would mind that because the price has dropped so much everyones delighted!
    sorry cleared up more people are visiting so more money

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭orbital83

Corrib Oil, Longford
    Diesel 90.9
    Unleaded 92.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 gummie02

Rathnew Petrol Station, Co Wicklow has Diesel at 89.9 and Petrol at 91.9

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

89.9 opposite the four courts in Dublin

• Advertisement
Advertisement