Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decided to switch from Eircom, but to which ISP?

Options
  • 11-12-2008 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭

Im on the eircom 3MB package and the speeds are terrible for the past 4-5 weeks. I've called them countless times with the problem, 1st time they said viruses, 2nd time they said router problem, 3rd time they said the exchange was being upgraded:rolleyes:.
    blah
    blah
    blah...

I don't have time for this crap anymore, im a gamer and i am sick of being kicked from games and losing my connection to the playstation network server.

Im changing but i don't know which to change to, is UPC 10MB package any good for gamers or does it go like eircom with crap speeds and high pings all day long?, or if i do change will things just get worse?

Im in Sligo town by the way.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Smart . ( dunno if they are on both exchanges in Sligo ) . UPC are not in Sligo surely !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm in the same boat. With eircom 3Mb in Sligo and I only get the full speed after midnight. They tell me it's fine their end and it must be my router/pc/viruses. Even though I've checked everything and yet mysteriously the same bloody set up that gets rubbish speeds at 6pm will be fine after midnight.

I'm holding out for upc. They're upgrading the network here in Sligo and will hopefully be done soon. I've read some threads here and some people seem to be getting bad speed/pings but I'm hoping they are in the minority.

If you are on the Sligo HPO exchange (I think there is another exchange as well) then you'll be able to get smart who are much better than eircom not that that is saying much as a retarded monkey could do a better job than eircom. Smart have a support forum on their site that seems to work quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I'm holding out for upc. They're upgrading the network here in Sligo and will hopefully be done soon.

So UPC are not in Sligo yet?, i was told by 2 different UPC workers on the phone that all their broadband packages was available in Sligo, they took my phone number and address and tested it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The last time I checked their website it said only digital tv was available in Sligo. I sure hope broadband is available too.

Typical, their site is acting up for me. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The last time I checked their website it said only digital tv was available in Sligo. I sure hope broadband is available too.

Yeah i saw that on the website but one of my neighbours has phone service from UPC which also was listed as unavailable, so i took the chance on calling up and enquiring about broadband, they said yes it was available.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Chorus have been coming soon to Navan since 1998 so good luck . meanwhile go to Smart !

Advertisement