Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Winter Pack

Options
  • 11-12-2008 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. I'm looking at a Volvo S60 with a view to purchasing. What exactly does the Winter Pack do apart from lowering the mpg? Does anyone ever use it while driving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Is the winter pack not heated seats, heated steering wheel etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

It has the heated seats and all that malarkey but as soon as you press it the mpg goes from about 52 to 46. Heated seats hardly use that much juice!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    It has the heated seats and all that malarkey but as soon as you press it the mpg goes from about 52 to 46. Heated seats hardly use that much juice!
    They could, if you were going slowly. Do you mean that the mileage drops when you turn on both/all heated seats? AFAIK, there is no button to turn on the winter pack itself. Does the car have two heated seats or four?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Is it a Winter setting on an auto Gearbox? Wouldn't have thought that would make much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

The Winter Pack is just extra spec you add to the car when buying new. AFAIK it includes; heated front seats, headlamp washers and better floor mats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,248 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the Winter Pack also includes Bi-xenon headlights and washer jets too.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think the Winter Pack also includes Bi-xenon headlights and washer jets too.

That's the Bi-Xenon (BIX) Winter Pack you're thinking of there. Not sure if that was an option on the S60, definately was on the S40.

OT but the S60 is now gone, gone, gone from the Volvo price list. Replacement not due until mid-end next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

I think you've hit the nail on the head there R.O.R.

I just presumed it was the winter pack. But it is an auto gear box setting alright. Changes the display from 'd' to 'w'. What does it do though?

thanks

Gallant_JJ wrote: »
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there R.O.R.

I just presumed it was the winter pack. But it is an auto gear box setting alright. Changes the display from 'd' to 'w'. What does it do though?

thanks

AFAIK it's useful for diving in icy conditions. Sets off in 2nd (or changes 1st to second really quickly) and changes up the box at lower revs so there isn't as much torque at the wheels.

You might also have a sport setting which does the opposite - hangs on the gears longer.

Advertisement