Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] Problems getting a phone line installed

Options
  • 11-12-2008 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Cant understand this. Ordered a phone line from Eircom as there's no mobile reception where we live. And signed up for the BB package. That was August. Im still waiting for Eircom to put up the bloody pole. Eircom say its with the council since October but Im not hearing anything back from them and Eircom seem to be washing their hands of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Called the county council after my first post and they signed the Way leave license and posted it to Eircom. Called Eircom for an update and was told it would be installed before the 28th February. Called yesterday again to check up and was told it was pushed out till the 17th April. What the hell are these guys at? Its a disgraceful service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Called the county council after my first post and they signed the Way leave license and posted it to Eircom. Called Eircom for an update and was told it would be installed before the 28th February. Called yesterday again to check up and was told it was pushed out till the 17th April. What the hell are these guys at? Its a disgraceful service.

holy sweet jesus bud, you must seriously be out in the sticks if they have to put a pole up for ya :( Yeah all I can offer is commiserations and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

jim o doom wrote: »
    holy sweet jesus bud, you must seriously be out in the sticks if they have to put a pole up for ya :( Yeah all I can offer is commiserations and good luck

Hey Jim, we're about 1.5 miles from Monivea village in Galway. The pole stops about 20 yards from our house. And there's actually broadband available! We just have to get connected first.

Advertisement