Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garage giving 20% off their used stock...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

copacetic wrote: »
    that is well priced, have been watching the 07 one in bray at 29k for a while. Reckon it is due a massive fall soon also. Would be good value at 20k..
    The grey one? I drove that particular car before buying mine, it's had a hard enough life.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Anan1 wrote: »
    The grey one? I drove that particular car before buying mine, it's had a hard enough life.

yeah, during your test drive I'd say!!:D

Cars like this and the Mazda are the only ones it still makes sense to buy here as the vrt is so high, assuming you can get a great deal. Still though smart thing seems to be to import a diesel and save a fortune and have something that is not saleproof...

Or buy it and keep it for ever.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

unkel wrote: »
    SUVs have gone completely out of fashion and the RR Sport probably more than most. Didn't Land Rover only sell 2 cars in the whole of Ireland in September?

I can see them come down a lot more in the next few months...

I heard of a RR Vogue going for 27K at auction recently, I think the book value on it was 80K odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

bf wrote: »
    There does seem to be some recognition from dealers that prices need to fall or customers need to be incentivised to buy - there was an ad in yesterday's Irish Times for a Lexus dealer out west offering a new Toyota Aygo with every second-hand lexus sold

Link please. said dealer's Carzone ads make no mention, but there is A year's free tax, 2 year's servicing and a weekend break with all used cars there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭bf

ninty9er wrote: »
    Link please. said dealer's Carzone ads make no mention, but there is A year's free tax, 2 year's servicing and a weekend break with all used cars there.

Didn't see this on the web - it was a quarter page ad in Wednesday's Irish Times motoring supplement. They had a list of about 20 2006 - 2008 Lexus cars that if you buy before 23rd Dec it included a "free" 2009 Aygo - had all the usual smallprint at the bottom, terms & conditions apply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭MSporty

i'm enjoying looking at the 335i in Joe Duffy BMW, i tried to make a deal twice on it, in Febuary and April. It was a an early '08 demo. They still have it and its now plummeted in price with prob no hope of being sold anytime soon. Here it is here http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/335i-Ci-/200843190588591/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine that, like the old model Forester XT, anything not pre-registered before 01/08 is effectively sale-proof.
    You mean before 07/'08, no?

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

00D911 wrote: »
    Cant imagine you would be buying any car with that sort of discount !!! Dealers are open to offers not Insults......

Well if I was to buy mYe new car in Dublin thats what I'd have to be making an offer of 40% of the asking price to stop me going up north next week.

Thats the price difference of the same cars for sale here in the South and up north and thats after VRT has been paid with the exchange rate being so good right now :)

Thats what the dealer has to contend with in reality people taking a 2 hour drive (or heading to the UK mainland) and coming back with massive savings on the cost of a car. And more and more people are finding out how easily it's done also

esel wrote: »
    You mean before 07/'08, no?
    Indeed.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement