Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it Gym's in General or just Kingfisher

• 11-12-2008 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

Ok this could prob go in the Fitness Forum but I decided to see what yee lads thought.

Do any of yee use Kingfisher? I've noticed over the last couple of weeks the disturbing amount of Bogey's that use the place.

Now I'm not talking about the cringeworthy ass slapping from the GAA heads cause that I can happily live with cause it def's go's on all over the place.

For example in the changing room i've been ambushed by all sorts blowing the head off me about poverty/the eagles(Band not Bird)/Vegans and the Sauna is ten times worse cause in there is like watching sky news with all the talk of Bleak outlooks and no work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

ziedth wrote: »
    Ok this could prob go in the Fitness Forum but I decided to see what yee lads thought.

Do any of yee use Kingfisher? I've noticed over the last couple of weeks the disturbing amount of Bogey's that use the place.

Now I'm not talking about the cringeworthy ass slapping from the GAA heads cause that I can happily live with cause it def's go's on all over the place.

For example in the changing room i've been ambushed by all sorts blowing the head off me about poverty/the eagles(Band not Bird)/Vegans and the Sauna is ten times worse cause in there is like watching sky news with all the talk of Bleak outlooks and no work.

You wouldn't get that carry on down the WWTC!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've noticed that the sauna and steam room tend to be filled with people that just talk about getting hammered every weekend and how everyone is out of a job, economey ****ed etc...I'd have to agree its like watching sky news or reading (god knows why you would) the daily mail, there certainly not country people or farmers these people are from in and around Waterford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Why don't you initiate a conversation or change the subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

the only bogeys i've noticed are the amount of machines still not working especially the bikes - membership renewal time almost upon us - wonder how many will rejoin

On the topic tho' it must be only in the saunas and dressing rooms where people talk as you could hear a pin drop in the gym most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

forbesii wrote: »
    You wouldn't get that carry on down the WWTC!
    You wanna bet !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Not really.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

in fairness people are only talking about what is going on in the world , its just people being friendly ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭deiseff

Ah this goes on out in the woodlands aswell. Especially at 9pm when all the night time crowd come in for a wash and shave!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

the kingfisher has changed too much in the last while. what the hell did they move all the machines around for?

obviously someone who doesnt use the place

there gonna lose a lot of members. definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

my membership is up now in december, i joined before it opened last year...

It can be good, but I feel they left too many join...some nights
    I cant get near some of the machines....and the new changes are worse, some of the machines rarely work (TV etc) ..... begining to look around for a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Not renewing next year

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

kensutz wrote: »
    Not renewing next year

Same here - cant afford it anyway what with the recession and all the doom and gloom around at the moment - i'm not able to motivate myself

Anyway going to the Eagles concert instead and have recently become a vegan!!

And from watching sky news all week while I was discussing this in the sauna it dosent look like things are going to improve anytime soon

are other gyms like this also?

surely theres not a gym that

1. everything works
    2. theres never people on the machines you want to use
    3. everyone has a positive outlook on the state of our countries economy
    where is this wonderful gym? id love to know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

I'm not renewing my membership. The place drives me nuts, Full of clowns especially the fools in the weights section covered in tattoos, throwing dirty looks around trying to look mean. the dressing rooms are so small and cramped, hate listening to Muppets bullsh!tting on. The showers are joke... water is always cold and floor filthy. The instructors are useless, a bunch of students who don't give a toss.... Not for me.

any suggestions on were to have a look at myself. was tempted for a change from the kingfisher myself.

lads post before me has all valid points :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Have to put my 2 cents in as well (maybe a bit more). I had really high hopes from the Kingfisher as well, thinking it would be like a gym from the States. I was really disappointed, the amount of "fee" classes was a bit stupid, if you are a member classes should be free, etc. The pool/sauna I didn't care about, but when they said personal training, I kinda of expected it to be where the person stays w/ you for the hour, etc. The more I went the less I saw of anyone up there & the use of space for the weights, etc. was really cramped.

I will have to say as well, the whole thing with the TV's not working on any of the treadmills was a bit stupid (it doesn't take a year to fix that).

Unfortunately, with the recession I've decided just to use the outdoors come rain or rain. When I had called to renew, it was 540 if I paid up front & 700+ if I wanted to do monthly. Paying an extra 200 for something that isn't worth more than 540 well it put me off big time...

And that is my rant and rave on Kingfisher ;-)

Advertisement