Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting Ban

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

IWM, I have made a declaration here. I will not be proved a liar.

Politics and 'I'm alright, sod youism', is ripping the shooting sports apart as far as I can see and there is no way out of it and the DOJ and the Minister are exploiting this situation. Seems we have learned a lot from our Imperialist oppressors :(

We are doomed and by the time the 2% realise it it will be too late for the other 98%.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

IWM, I have made a declaration here. I will not be proved a liar.

Nothing to do with being a liar, I certainly didn't accuse you of such. However, as far as I'm aware, you're most certainly wrong about rrpc's involvement with the FCP, as the NTSA's representative's name was published on the website.
    Politics and 'I'm alright, sod youism', is ripping the shooting sports apart as far as I can see and there is no way out of it and the DOJ and the Minister are exploiting this situation. Seems we have learned a lot from our Imperialist oppressors :(

So what are you doing to help?
    We are doomed and by the time the 2% realise it it will be too late for the other 98%.

Are you part of the 2% doing all the work? If not, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

BS, the simple fact is that the FCP is the closest that the shooting organisations have worked together in the fourteen years I've been involved in target shooting, and from all I've heard from those who were there before me, it's also the closest they've worked together in living memory.

Just because some folks think that slow plodding progress isn't as exciting as melodramatic fistfights in the halls of power ( :rolleyes: ) doesn't mean that they're correct. And frankly, your assessment of the relationship between the Minister, his Department, and the FCP seems way off to me from what I've seen (go read the thread on the conference last may to see what I mean).

............Are you part of the 2% doing all the work? If not, why not?

No I'm not part of the current 2% as I belive they are doomed to petty politics and bickering

I reckon a new 2% is needed, fresh faces and a new start see poll on shooting section.

I would be willing to get involved as I reckon I can't do any worse than what's there already.

Sparks wrote: »
    BS, the simple fact is that the FCP is the closest that the shooting organisations have worked together in the fourteen years I've been involved in target shooting, and from all I've heard from those who were there before me, it's also the closest they've worked together in living memory.

Just because some folks think that slow plodding progress isn't as exciting as melodramatic fistfights in the halls of power ( :rolleyes: ) doesn't mean that they're correct. And frankly, your assessment of the relationship between the Minister, his Department, and the FCP seems way off to me from what I've seen (go read the thread on the conference last may to see what I mean).

Sparks, IMHO, talk is cheap

We are staring down a ban on handguns something we were guaranteed wasn't gonna happen. FCP has told us the worst we were looking at was "restricted". Ask the practical boys about slow progress. They were "outlawed" pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

No I'm not part of the current 2% as I belive they are doomed to petty politics and bickering
    You're not helping because you think too much help is needed? :rolleyes:
    I reckon a new 2% is needed, fresh faces and a new start see poll on shooting section.
    Oh hooray. Our greatest problem in shooting is the 2% rule, but rather than make it the 4% rule, you'd rather we dump the workload on a different 2%?
    BS, there isn't any other 2% out there to dump that workload on. If there was, we wouldn't have this fecking problem in the first place.
    I would be willing to get involved as I reckon I can't do any worse than what's there already.
    Then would you please just do something? Seriously. Call up your NGB and volunteer. Call up your club and volunteer. Feck it, just bring your non-shooting friends to the range to show them the sport, or call your TD or the DoJ, or even just show up on the range more often yourself and tidy the place up when you leave.
    Just do something! Anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

Sparks wrote: »
    I think you're getting into King Ralph territory there BS.
    And you don't have to "out" yourself if you don't want to - but you don't get to "out" others without doing so. Anything else would not be fair.

Your Coming out Stories...
    Unregistered

Sparks, IMHO, talk is cheap
    You might think so, but it depends on who is saying what, and where and to whom. If you don't believe me, try taking out a full page ad in the Times sometime...
    We are staring down a ban on handguns something we were guaranteed wasn't gonna happen. FCP has told us the worst we were looking at was "restricted". So is this progress?
    Who told you there were guarantees? I've lost track of how many times I've personally told you that under Irish law noone can give guarantees on things like that, because that would be overruling the constitution and what it says about who gets to draft laws in this country. Not even the Minister can give such a guarantee.

The FCP was and is the best chance we've got - that doesn't mean it's a sure thing or that they're perfect or that there are any guarantees. It just means that we have a better chance with them than with any other approach. And if you think we've come to here without notice you're wrong - we saw all this when the CJB2004 amendments first showed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Well I know who you are RRPC ;) as you pobably know who I am at this stage. I know exhaustive enquiries have been made about me using information gleamed from my posts on Boards.ie ;)
    I actually don't know who you are bunny and couldn't care less.
    and I have seen your name attached to the FCP as a rep of one of the major shooting organisations. Ya, your name isn't on the DOJ website, but it is on a post here somewhere linked to the FCP (looking for list as we type;)). Now I am not going to name you here, or the sporting organisation you are affiliated to, as that would be a step too far, even for me ;)
    I volunteered to help out with queries on an FCP statement and other background stuff in order to keep the workload down on the NTSA rep as did another person. I don't see how that puts me on the FCP any more than if you had volunteered to help your rep (if you have one) in the same capacity.

But don't let that stop you making accusations against me of lying in a roundabout manner as you have done elsewhere in other threads. and below:
    Why would I have/want to de cloak my identity? I am not involved in the FCP in any shape or from. I am hiding nothing from the other posters here.
    Are you inferring that I am hiding something?
    :D:D:D This from someone who's most common contribution to this forum is usually a snide sideswipe or attempted smear. This particular thread being a case in point. Even when proven wrong, you still attempt to justify yourself - how long did you spend trying to find proof that I was on the FCP? :D:D

Bunny, you are the quintessential hurler on the ditch. If you had the courage of your convictions, maybe I would know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

quit baiting each other people - your making yourselves look like eejits.

B'Man

• Advertisement

Here is the updated list of FCP participants? The one on the DOJ site is out of date apparently.

Des Crofton - NARGC
    Bernard Phelan - IFA Countryside
    Declan Cahill - SSAI
    JP Craven - MNSCI
    Lyall Plant - Countryside Alliance
    Joe Kinane - NTSA
    Liam Crawford - NTSA
    Keelan Symes - NTSA
    John McCormack - ICPSA
    Cian Merne - ICPSA
    Liam McGarry - IGPA & Irish Deer Society
    David Brennan - Irish Shooting Association
    Philip Jordan - Millard Brothers (Ireland) Ltd
    Philip Maher - Firearms Dealer

And why would you think Hardman would be a better source than the DoJ? Or do you not want to cite your sources?

And there's only one rep per body on the FCP; the NTSA rep is Liam Crawford, the chair of the NTSA committee, as was stated in here and on the NTSA website a while back.
    Hell, it's no huge secret Bunny, they've even posed for photos ffs.

FCP2.jpg

Bananaman wrote: »

B'Man

:eek:

Next we'll be told there are people representing the shooters on the FCP who don't even have a firearms cert in their own name:rolleyes:

Bananaman wrote: »

B'Man

I would agree with you in principal Bananaman, but there's been (a) an attempt to identify me as a member of the FCP which I'm not and that's been attested to here by people other than me and (b) an attempt to identify me on this board without my consent with the corollary (c) that I'm a liar.

In view of that I think I'm entitled to (a) the right to point out the lie and (b) the anonymity that bunny shooter enjoys but is attempting to deprive me of and (c) vindicate myself.

As for Bunny Shooter, each time he's proven wrong, rather than admit it like a man, he hides behind snide 'wink wink' attempts to justify himself and his mistaken and frankly, childish behaviour.

Next we'll be told there are people representing the shooters on the FCP who don't even have a firearms cert in their own name:rolleyes:

There'd be quite a few of them, but what's your point bunny?

rrpc wrote: »
    There'd be quite a few of them, but what's your point bunny?

:eek: what ! really? come off it ! Lucky "shot" or what :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

:eek: what ! really? come off it ! Lucky "shot" or what :D

Why is it important Bunny? If it's so important and you believe only someone with a FAC can represent you, then did you volunteer to your organisations to be a representative, and if not, why not? Surely you're your own best representative?

Why is it important Bunny? If it's so important and you believe only someone with a FAC can represent you, then did you volunteer to your organisations to be a representative, and if not, why not? Surely you're your own best representative?

You forget that bunny is still looking at the list of contacts from the shooting organisations represented on the FCP rather than the actual list of representatives published on the DoJ website.

You'd think he would have twigged there was something wrong with that list when there were three names from the NTSA and two from the ICPSA and absolutely no DoJ, DoAST, ISC or Garda names. :)

Most of the latter wouldn't have FAC's, but I can't say for sure because I haven't met them.

So it wasn't such a lucky guess really. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

I think what bunnyshooter is saying, firearms cert in their own name.

Sikamick

• Advertisement

Sikamick wrote: »
    I think what bunnyshooter is saying, firearms cert in their own name.

Sikamick

Not sure who you directed that at Mick, but I know exactly what bunny said and don't need to read it again.

And I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't think we'd be lucky enough to have representatives from the Gardai, DoAST, DoJ or the ISC who have licences.

So saying people on the FCP may not have licences in their own name is a bit of a no brainer IMO.

And I'm just guessing Mick, but I wouldn't think we'd be lucky enough to have representatives from the Gardai, DoAST, DoJ or the ISC who have licences.

So saying people on the FCP may not have licences in their own name is a bit of a no brainer IMO.

I have just quoted it as he posted (own) you will have to ask bunnyshooter to explain.

Sikamick

I have just quoted it as he posted (own) you will have to ask bunnyshooter to explain.

Sikamick

I take it then that you both have a point to make from some scuttlebut that you've heard.

Well? :P

More proof that I'm not on the FCP, 'cause I've three licences :D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

And besides, I helped run a rifle club for years without ever having a cert.

I've been shooting for over 8 years now and I've had a cert for less than a year. I still don't own a firearm of my own.

Would it be those facts that would make me a poor rep. if I was on the FCP or would my lack of tact be a more important determinant?

IRLConor wrote: »
    Would it be those facts that would make me a poor rep. if I was on the FCP or would my lack of tact be a more important determinant?

In your case Conor, both :p

But obviously it would have prevented you from being a moderator here, so you're lucky you got one. ;)

I take it then that you both have a point to make from some scuttlebut that you've heard.

Well? :P

More proof that I'm not on the FCP, 'cause I've three licences :D

Sikamick

I have heard nothing, I have read bunnyshooters post and am stating the way it reads. I am neither defending what he has to say or am I taking sides.
    Please read my posting again.
    Sikamick
    In that case perhaps you should take your own advice Mick and read my post again also.

What part of 'there are obviously people on the FCP without their own licences' do you not understand?

In that case perhaps you should take your own advice Mick and read my post again also.

What part of 'there are obviously people on the FCP without their own licences' do you not understand?

I am not interested in the people that have or have not got FAC on the FCP, What I am interested in is what bunnyshooter means by ( Next we'll be told there are people representing the shooters on the FCP who don't even have a firearms cert in their own name)

Come on Bunnyshooter expalin what do you mean, don't even have a firearms cert in their own name)

Sikamick

I am not interested in the people that have or have not got FAC on the FCP, What I am interested in is what bunnyshooter means by ( Next we'll be told there are people representing the shooters on the FCP who don't even have a firearms cert in their own name)

Come on Bunnyshooter expalin what do you mean, don't even have a firearms cert in their own name)

Sikamick

OK Mick, I understand where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get an answer. Bunny likes to drop his non sequiturs and run off sniggering to his mates on the remedial forum about how he 'stirred things up' here.

• Advertisement

The important parts are "representing shooters" and "certs in their own name" and I will add don't even own a firearm. Now how does that include DOJ, Garda reps etc?

Would appear to the casual observer that such people haven't as much to loose financially as people who have spent considerable amounts of their own money on firearms, security etc. especially when the same casual observers own firearms are under threat of being banned and having a licence for same refused after spending considerable amounts of their own money with little hope of being re-imbursed by the government.

Advertisement