Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help With Snowboarding Boots

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi All

I'm looking into buying a new pair of snowboarding boots for this season. Does anyone know if there are any shops Dublin city or outskirts that has a broad selection of good quality snowboots and provide sound advice on brands etc. I want to do a little research and checking into stuff before I get boots & bindings....C/C and all that current jazz of the times!

All previous seasons, I have rented the boots and the best ones that I have gotten to date are Solomon - can't remember the exact style - they were a test boot. I am a girl who's mostly into freeriding but at some point would like to tryout the parks. Any advice on boots/brands that I should consider in my hunt. Also are there any other factors that I should take into account before choosing a pair eg. Do my height/weight come into play or is that just with the board?

Would appreciate any tips & pointers.

Thanks

JW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i got a pair of burtons in Great Outdoors. Had been renting for the couple of years previous. There's nothing better then warm dry feet, and the moulding of your own boots :D
    Regarding height/weight etc, I dont believe its something that has to do with boot choice(by all means correct me), just make sure they're comfy on the feet and aren't squashing the toes too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

Nobody can advise you model of boots. You must try pairs at least 10 mins before buying (or very similar boots from same manufacture, but it doesn't work always, better to check same model as you want to buy).

Usually for freeride rides use quite tough boots.
    More tough boots - more control but usually less comfort.

For park people usually prefer more soft boots. Weight of boots also quite important for park I suppose (I'm not freeslyler, so I just can tell you opinion of my friend :).

Usually if you'll check product line of any manufacture cheapest boots - most soft, most expensive boots - most tough.

Check some speed lacing systems. I tried BOA, Nitro speed lacing and Burton SpeedZone. BOA and Burton system better then Nitro' IMHO. But with BOA I'll need to have extra steel strings in your trip. I usually broken 1-2 strings per year when I used Vans Fargo BOA boots.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I haven't been boarding since last March, gotta get back to it, is that site any good?

Advertisement