Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes/Tesco & others offers this week

• 11-12-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Dunnes are giving 25% back on your Valuecard on
    ALL Christmas confectionary
    ALL Wines & Spirits
    Ladies & Mens Toiletries Gift Sets
    "Selected Gifts" (pictures of portable TV's, Steroe's etc

Shaws
    21.5% cash back on most things (10% back on fragrances)

Tesco
    30% back on your Clubcard on
    ALL TV's
    ALL DVD Players/Hi-Fi's
    ALL Mobile Phones
    ALL Domestic Appliances
    ALL Ipod's/MP3 Players
    ALL CD's&DVD's

25% cash off 6 bottles of Wine

Arnott's
    20% cash off "almost" everything

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

cool,,will be hitting dunnes then,,:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

when does the tesco thing start?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Dunnes is Today to Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone know if ps3 consoles are included in this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Anyone know how much the xbox 360 pro's are in Tesco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭blobert

When it says 30% back what does that mean?

Do I get this amount off future purchases?

Is my card credited by €x?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

blobert wrote: »
    When it says 30% back what does that mean?

Do I get this amount off future purchases?

Is my card credited by €x?

In about 3 months you'll get vouchers for the value. Assuming you buy stuff at tesco its pretty much like getting money back.

You can also use the vouchers for vouchers for hotels and so on which gives was it 4 times ? the face value of the tesco vouchers (but don't hold me to that)

Anyone with a clubcard gets it swiped and you will get 30% of the value of the goods in vouchers (for anything instore) in your next quarterly statement.

I went to jervis st at lunch for two ipod nanos and was told they had sold out of pink. A quick phonecall later I queued again and asked for a silver and blue one and a different manager told me he had one pink in stock and he went back and gott me two of them! Works out at about 95 euro which is still a decent saving without going to NI. I saw xbox 360s there but no PS3s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I dont see any mention of xbox 360s or PS3s in the tesco ad.
    Are these on offer?

• Advertisement

mrmac wrote: »
    Are these on offer?

just rang jervis st. and was told they are not included this this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks for that - was just going to see if I could pick up a bargain DS.
    Maybe next week........
    Must be nearly time for a console special offer?

Thanks for that - was just going to see if I could pick up a bargain DS.
    Maybe next week........
    Must be nearly time for a console special offer?

no worries. seen something round here about ds's (:confused:) for 108 in heatons!?

On the website it says 30% back on all electrical, gameconsoles & more when you use your clubcard.

http://www.tesco.ie/csaverswk42b/?osadcampaign=LB1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Neanderthal boy

Anybody know if this includes console games???

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Does anyone know is the Arnotts 20% off offer just today or all weekend? I've tried ringing them but they're not answering - must be crazy there :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco is a 30% reduction applied at the end of your bill when you use your clubcard when paying. It is not vouchers in your Feb mailing- its a straight reduction. Read the small print in the advertisement.....

tah tad is incorrect or outdated. I bought too ipod nanos at full price 139each and swiped my card and will be getting the 30% back on my statement. I saw the ad in the heald am today and there was no mention of consoles either. I will check the metro online edition to see if it's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Are these on offer?

Just off the phone with customer service. Consoles and packages are all included but games are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Neanderthal boy

duffmagic wrote: »
    Just off the phone with customer service. Consoles and packages are all included but games are not.

Bugger was looking forward to investing in a few pre-Christmas games. I suppose accessories ain't included either!!

• Advertisement

I emailed them, same response.

"Yes, PS3s are included in the 30% back offer currently running"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Do any of the Tesco branches sell the ipod touch and if so what price for either the 8gb or 16gb. I tried my local Tesco's and they only sell the nano.

XBox 360 60GB basic package €239.99 - 30% = €168
    XBox 360 60GB + James Bond Game + DVD + 2nd controller €269.99 - 30% = €189

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Just left tesco Ardkeen in Waterford. They claimed they have them in stock but consoles were not included.
    So i rang 3 other stores in Waterford. None have ps3 in stock but all of them say consoles are included in the deal.
    So i went back into ardkeen to get the ps3 and they then claim they have none in stock.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

where do i go to complain about these bastards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

What PS3 bundles do tesco do?

Any info on the amount of games/which games are included would be great. Hoping to get ones like LittleBigPlanet, GTA, Uncharted, Mirrors edge, Motorstorm pacific rift... anything like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone with a clubcard gets it swiped and you will get 30% of the value of the goods in vouchers (for anything instore) in your next quarterly statement.

I went to jervis st at lunch for two ipod nanos and was told they had sold out of pink. A quick phonecall later I queued again and asked for a silver and blue one and a different manager told me he had one pink in stock and he went back and gott me two of them! Works out at about 95 euro which is still a decent saving without going to NI. I saw xbox 360s there but no PS3s.

Have you any idea do tesco do the ipod touch?

see the thread on ps3s in 'bargain alerts.' Even with 30% reduction I reckon argos in NI have a way better deal. Not so good on the irish site though

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

skywalker wrote: »
    Have you any idea do tesco do the ipod touch?

I know Tesco Dundrum didn't have it a couple of weeks ago when they had 25% off - they just had the nano then.

Got the XBox 360 60GB basic package €239.99 - 30% = €168 in Tesco Jervis St.

A bit concerned as there is no mention of it on the receipt, there are signs up on the XBoxes though.

Manager said the offer is definitely on and I will get the vouchers.

Tesco are normally pretty good about this stuff so I'm sure they will give me the vouchers, just wanted to see if it was mentioned on other people's receipts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tesco are normally pretty good about this stuff so I'm sure they will give me the vouchers, just wanted to see if it was mentioned on other people's receipts?

Normally offers like this do not show on the receipt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Keep the receipt in a safe place and check your statement in Feb.
    Tesco should be good for the points if they're not in the statement.

davton wrote: »
    Normally offers like this do not show on the receipt

Just got the ps3 with MotorStorm: Pacific Rift for €399, So that should be almost €120 back in Feb. No mention of anything on receipt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

with regard to the receipts, it doesnt show up on your receipt but will (or should) on your next receipt from them (the bit where it has your points balance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Just got the ps3 with MotorStorm: Pacific Rift for €399, So that should be almost €120 back in Feb. No mention of anything on receipt though.

Which tesco did you get that in and were there many left? Did you notice a littlebigplanet bundle by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

what is the last day of the 30% in tesco's ??????

• Advertisement

Got the XBox 360 60GB basic package €239.99 - 30% = €168 in Tesco Jervis St.

Can you let us know if it has the Jasper HW revision? Here's how on engadget. Scroll down to the barcode images with Jasper text overlay to see how.

I checked the ones in Dundrum and none were Jaspers.

Note, Falcon's are perfectly ok. I'm just holding out for a Jasper to avoid any potential overheating issues (which is rare enough anyway).

samsamson wrote: »
    Which tesco did you get that in and were there many left? Did you notice a littlebigplanet bundle by any chance?

The Crescent in Limerick. They had one left after that and it was one with a littlebigplanet game.

Can you let us know if it has the Jasper HW revision? Here's how on engadget. Scroll down to the barcode images with Jasper text overlay to see how.

I checked the ones in Dundrum and none were Jaspers.

Note, Falcon's are perfectly ok. I'm just holding out for a Jasper to avoid any potential overheating issues (which is rare enough anyway).

Have not opened it yet, will let you know later.

It's lot number 0833 if I recall correctly, which should make it manufactured around 08/08 and hopefully the Jasper one.

They have Quantum of Solace ones as well which are likely to be newer.

As I said I'll check when I get home and let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Doesn anyone know which Tesco's in the Cork region stock the 32gb iTouch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Is the 22" Samsung still €269, or if has it gone back up in price? I checked Galway but they only have the 19" that was in the print ads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Does Tesco have any good 32" Lcds at the moment? I saw a sony bravia recently that looked quite good. Anyone bought one of the current models on sale?

Cheers

christo82 wrote: »
    Does Tesco have any good 32" Lcds at the moment? I saw a sony bravia recently that looked quite good. Anyone bought one of the current models on sale?

Cheers

Got a 26" Sony W Series for the bedroom- and picked up a Vogel mount from Komplett. I cannot recommend it highly enough...... Installing the mount was a bit of a bitch- it assumes you have masonry walls :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Tesco have a Samsung 40" LCD - did not pick up serial code - for €799 before the 30% discount, so that would be a net cost of €559 after the clubcard points back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dino7

slave1 wrote: »
    Tesco have a Samsung 40" LCD - did not pick up serial code - for €799 before the 30% discount, so that would be a net cost of €559 after the clubcard points back.....

The model number (in Mahon Point Cork at any rate) is Le40a336j1d. Just be aware that there seems to be different TVs and deals in different stores. For example in Mahon point they're selling a series 3 Samsung LCD TV for 600 euro, while you can get a series 4 in Wilton for the same price. Also the big 46 inch Samsung was in both stores, but is cheaper in Mahon point. I would of thought the prices and models would be consistent across stores, but it doesn't appear to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

dino7 wrote: »
    Also the big 46 inch Samsung was in both stores, but is cheaper in Mahon point. I would of thought the prices and models would be consistent across stores, but it doesn't appear to be.
    Dino is correct.
    TESCO are messing with the price on this tv. When they had the 25% off 2 weeks ago, the tv was 1399 less 25%. net cost 1049 euro
    This weekend they put it back up to 1599 with 30% back in clubcard deals
    1119( sort of!) after clubcard discount.

I also noticed a couple of other items that had mysteriously increased in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

If you use your clubcard vouchers to buy their offers at 4x the value it's a great deal.

But somebody mentioned this above:

Does this mean you must use your vouchers to buy things in store and can't buy the likes of hotel breaks etc with them?

Also, when does this offer end does anyone know? :)

cormie wrote: »
    Does this mean you must use your vouchers to buy things in store and can't buy the likes of hotel breaks etc with them?

Also, when does this offer end does anyone know? :)

Several of the companies who were participating under the scheme have renegotiated the terms with Tesco- as they were seeing unreal amount of business in vouchers (Insomnia cafes, Dublin Zoo and magazine subscriptions all incl.) I don't think Tesco ever envisaged giving out millions in coupons on a quarterly basis that would be reimbursed elsewhere (internationally over 80% would be spent instore- in an Irish context its down around the 30% mark).

Its an experiment that succeeded in some respects beyond the marketing gurus in Tesco's wildest dreams, in other respects- its turned out to be an incredibly expensive programme.......

Never heard that but I was saying pretty much the same the when they had their 50% offer on a while back, buy a TV for 500 euro, get 250 worth of vouchers, use that to buy 1,000 worth of Irish Ferries trips or the likes, sell the TV for 350 euro unused, you've got yourself 1,000 euro worth of stuff for 150 euro :cool:

Can somebody confirm that the vouchers can indeed be used to buy these 4x the value stuff this time around though? Irish ferries is the main one for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

cormie wrote: »
    Never heard that but I was saying pretty much the same the when they had their 50% offer on a while back, buy a TV for 500 euro, get 250 worth of vouchers, use that to buy 1,000 worth of Irish Ferries trips or the likes, sell the TV for 350 euro unused, you've got yourself 1,000 euro worth of stuff for 150 euro :cool:

Can somebody confirm that the vouchers can indeed be used to buy these 4x the value stuff this time around though? Irish ferries is the main one for me!

Unless my memory is playing tricks on me (likely) there was a thread on here a couple of weeks back that Irish Ferries were pulling out of the clubcard deals game?

AGHHH!!! Really?? That's the only thing I'm interested in and so is my dad! Would be a big pain if they were. Is this definite or is your mind just playing tricks? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement