Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes/Tesco & others offers this week

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not really relevant to this thread but the Irish Ferries is valid up to 31.05.09, info here with a few clicks...

"Please note that the Irish Ferries Rosslare/Cherbourg and Rosslare/Roscoff routes will not be available through Tesco Clubcard Deals from the end of May 2009. If you are planning to use your Deals Tokens for either of these routes you must ensure that they are ordered and travel is taken by 31st May 2009"

stena looks as if it's ongoing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's IRE-UK I'm interested in, but my dad is interested in the French routes, must tell him thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pahadia

dino7 wrote: »
    The model number (in Mahon Point Cork at any rate) is Le40a336j1d. Just be aware that there seems to be different TVs and deals in different stores. For example in Mahon point they're selling a series 3 Samsung LCD TV for 600 euro, while you can get a series 4 in Wilton for the same price. Also the big 46 inch Samsung was in both stores, but is cheaper in Mahon point. I would of thought the prices and models would be consistent across stores, but it doesn't appear to be.

Price for Le40a336 is lower than the Tesco is telling us...
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1646476/art/samsung/le40a336-lcd-television.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cormie wrote: »
    If you use your clubcard vouchers to buy their offers at 4x the value it's a great deal.

But somebody mentioned this above:
    Anyone with a clubcard gets it swiped and you will get 30% of the value of the goods in vouchers (for anything instore) in your next quarterly statement.

Does this mean you must use your vouchers to buy things in store and can't buy the likes of hotel breaks etc with them?

Also, when does this offer end does anyone know? :)

Does it not always say in-store to redeem them. The terms of the card never mentions the tesco deals, how could they pick which amounts can and cant be used from the vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is it confirmed that the money back comes in vouchers, and not discounted at the till?
    On their site, it says "Reduction will be made at the bottom of your till receipt". To me that's till discount.
    So if it is vouchers, would you have a case for getting the discount by using what is quoted above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Soarer wrote: »
    Doesn anyone know which Tesco's in the Cork region stock the 32gb iTouch?
    Havent seen any touch'es in stores. I doubt they would give 30% off the new gen one. The RRP is €369. 30% would equal €110.70 discount. So the ipod would cost you €258.10. I dont think they could sell it that low.

Boo

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

boopolo wrote: »
    Havent seen any touch'es in stores. I doubt they would give 30% off the new gen one. The RRP is €369. 30% would equal €110.70 discount. So the ipod would cost you €258.10. I dont think they could sell it that low.

Boo

technically they are selling the product at RRP, keeping apple happy, but rewarding that purchase with instore vouchers, that may be their way round it, works for me LOL
    tesco in finglas, north dublin only stock the nano and shuffle. went in last night ready to buy a 32GB touch :(

does anybody know of any tescos in the dublin region that sell touch's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Boo

well i bought two nanos at 278 and will be getting about 84 back in vouchers so it's the same thing really as they would cost less than 100 each.

• Advertisement

I noticed this before. Not just here but in Spain also, that lots of shops sell Shuffles and Nano; but not the touch.

boo

sweetie wrote: »
    well i bought two nanos at 278 and will be getting about 84 back in vouchers so it's the same thing really as they would cost less than 100 each.
    Good bargain. They are 115 at dabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Good bargain. They are 115 at dabs

plus postage!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

blobert,
    Any result on the XBox Jasper question?
    ta.

I checked Tesco Dundrum's Quantum of Solace packs too and they were also Falcons. I was in a Game on Oxford Street in London at the weekend which should have a serious stock turnover, and they didn't have any Jaspers. It's looking like it'll be late January before the XMas stockpile of Falcons is cleared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Does anyone know if Dunnes are doing the 20% off/back on everythin this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aishling99

I seen on either the herald am or metrol that they're giving 10% back from now til sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Correct, Dunnes have 10% back in vouchers this Thurs-Sunday (18-21)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

aishling99 wrote: »
    I seen on either the herald am or metrol that they're giving 10% back from now til sunday.
    slave1 wrote: »
    Correct, Dunnes have 10% back in vouchers this Thurs-Sunday (18-21)

Hey. Thanks for the replies! I was going to buy 50 euro worth of presents yesterday (slippers, socks and the like!) but decided to wait and see! Yay, glad i did now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭blobert

duffmagic wrote: »
    blobert,
    Any result on the XBox Jasper question?
    ta.

I checked Tesco Dundrum's Quantum of Solace packs too and they were also Falcons. I was in a Game on Oxford Street in London at the weekend which should have a serious stock turnover, and they didn't have any Jaspers. It's looking like it'll be late January before the XMas stockpile of Falcons is cleared.

Sorry, I thought I had already replied.

Mine is a Falcon, I had a look at the Quantum pack and that seemed to be Falcon also.

Makes me feel slightly better to know that I couldn't have got a Jasper one:) Of course I did not know what this was till I read your previous post.

I think the offer ended yesterday on the consoles, there was a sign to that effect in Jervis St Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

I see on the adds that tesco are having a half price sale has anyone been is it any good or is hardly anything reduced????

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

danois wrote: »
    I see on the adds that tesco are having a half price sale has anyone been is it any good or is hardly anything reduced????

We were there earlier (Maynooth)- got a few odds and ends, but nothing out of the ordinary. There was a whole aisle with special offers- we didn't bother getting a single thing. Most people were stocking up on booze and smoked salmon- the salmon must have been on offer- given the crate loads they were shifting, it was Nolans and looked quite nice.

Nothing terribly appealing in the 50% off that we saw......?
    Maybe others might have had better luck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Jeapy wrote: »
    Hey. Thanks for the replies! I was going to buy 50 euro worth of presents yesterday (slippers, socks and the like!) but decided to wait and see! Yay, glad i did now!

Its only 10% off groceries

We got EUR15 off every EUR50 we spent in Tesco- obviously a different offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

EUR15 off every EUR50

30% off :eek: what was it on as I didn't see anything menyioned about this?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    30% off :eek: what was it on as I didn't see anything menyioned about this?

Its an offer that came in the post a few weeks back- you needed to bring the card with you. Its last day of validity was today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

Tesco advert on todays paper

Tesco tail on prawns 250g was 9.99 now 4.99
    Tesco hot smoked side of salmon(400g) was 19.99 now 9.99
    Walkers variety 28 pack was 5.06 now 2.53
    tayto toobz 150g was 1.69 now 84c
    andre carpentier champagne 75cl was 39.99 now 19.99
    roosters 10kg was 6.99 now 3.49
    parsnips loose now 1.99/kg
    sprouts 500g was1.69 now 84c + 50% extra free
    honey dew melon was 2.89 now 65c each
    green seedless grapes 500g was 3.49 now 1.74
    gold pineapple was 1.99 now 65c each
    tesco luxury xmas crackers 6 pack was 19.99 now 9.99
    Half price on selected toys

and from tomorrow: All gift sets and fragrances are Half price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Disappointing that the 50% off sale in Tesco is only salmon and a few other items. Just on the 15% off €50 euro spend I got a similar offer early this year. I think it might be related to how much you spend in Tesco using Clubcard. I don't spend much in Tesco and they sent me these vouchers. Also read on MSE (Money Saving Expert) that it pays to have 2 separate Clubcard accounts, instead of joined accounts, because they send you more offers.

P.S Just noticed this thread is Tesco, Dunnes and others. So I'll add that Centra are doing a side of Smoked Salmon 400g for €5.49. It's half price and the cheapest I've seen, even beats Lidl (€3.29 for 200g). They also have half price lamb chops very tender and tasty, prices vary, and 33% off part boned chicken. They did have half price sirloin steak a couple of weeks ago too, so might be on offer again. SuperValu also had whole salmon for €9.99, not sure if thats still available. I cut the whole salmon into steaks and freeze it. Recently Tesco started selling it at the same price.

Advertisement