Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Garda Station Open Day This Saturday

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

For those of you living near Bray or have friends living Bray we are having an Open Day at the Garda Station this Sat on the 13th December from 2pm to 4.30pm. There will tours of the station and an opportunity for children to get into Garda Vehicles etc, I am hoping to have the mounted unit present and a face painter, Tea, Coffee etc. For anyone who may have had relatives in the force stationed at Bray over the years, an Inspector from Archives will be present with a display of old Garda Uniforms etc and information about the history of the station and members who served there etc.
    The station is located at Convent avenue in Bray and for further information pm me or ring Bray station on 01 6665300 or the Community Policing Office at 6665320. Even if your passing by drop in , have a cup if tea and meet us, hopefully my sister will have make some of her special mince pies as well !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thanks for this! My 2 boys will love that.:)

Thats a great idea.Fair play.Sometimes the Gardai can seem like a force who seem distant.Hopefully it can lead to good relations wit the community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClimateGirl

Thanks for letting us know. I've been so impressed with my interactions with the Bray Garda for their professionalism and prompt response. I will definitely come check out the open day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Thats a great idea.Fair play.Sometimes the Gardai can seem like a force who seem distant.Hopefully it can lead to good relations wit the community.

thats the idea !!:)

I have the Mounted Unit (Garda Horses) and Garda Boat Unit confirmed, lets hope for a dry day !:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

vasch_ro wrote: »
    I have the Mounted Unit (Garda Horses) and Garda Boat Unit confirmed, lets hope for a dry day !:)
    Wouldn't the boats need some water?

I'll give you that one............:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭My Thoughts

I just wanted to say thanks to vasch_ro and everyone involved today (It was nice to meet you today too BTW), we brought the kids up this afternoon and they had a great time (The horses stole the show though I think) - we all had a very enjoyable hour in the Garda station followed by a stroll on the seafront to let the kids run off their sugar rush from the biscuits:D Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dita

I would also like to say thanks very much to vasch_ro and everyone involved in organising this afternoon. All the kids there seemed to be loving it (but i'd say neighbours of the station had a headache from the siren).

The horses were fab, i have a serious soft spot for Cumhall (the grey).

Thanks for the Feedback guys, I hope all enjoyed it and thanks for attending, I would welcome any constructive critiscm in order to try and improve for future open days. I agree the Horses did steal the show !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Dita

my nephew really wanted to go for a little drive in a jeep but was told he couldn't, that would be good and also do you have a dog unit? that would be really good for the little ones.

Which one were you vasch_ro?

Advertisement