Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

linking back boiler to heating system

Options
  • 11-12-2008 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

I’m looking to know if anyone would have a diagram of solid fuel and oil fired heating system linked together. any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭willbur

hi there are many ways to join the two systems , which way is best for you i would need to know how your heating is set up , by having looking at it , its not good idea to diy the work pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

i've attached a diagram of how my central heating is installed - i'm not saying this is the correct way of doing it but it works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

enmac wrote: »
    i've attached a diagram of how my central heating is installed - i'm not saying this is the correct way of doing it but it works fine

In your diagram, there should be an branch from the top of the left hand coil (the one from the stove), up over the header tank. There is one on the other side, but it is more important to have it from the stove than the boiler.
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

JamesM wrote: »
    In your diagram, there should be an branch from the top of the left hand coil (the one from the stove), up over the header tank. There is one on the other side, but it is more important to have it from the stove than the boiler.
    Jim.

cheers Jim - there's a pressure release valve installed at this point - is that sufficient ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

In case the water in the stove boils, there should be an completely open circuit from the header tank to the bottom of the stove, out the top of the stove and up to the top of the header tank - taking in the cylinder (as a heat sink) on the way. There should be no valves on this circuit. They should be fitted after the branch off to the rads etc. If the water in the stove boils, it should be able to pitch up into the top of the tank and water from the tank should fill down into the circuit and the stove, ensuring that there is water in the stove at all time.
    Jim.

• Advertisement
Advertisement