Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short Term Mobile Broadband

Options
  • 11-12-2008 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have been looking into getting mobile broadband. the main reason is so i can work from parents home at christmas. i really only need it for christmas as i have broadband where i live.
    Would anyone have any recommendations on the best (i.e. cheapest option)
    3 seems expensive, you have to pay for modem for the pay as you go option.
    not sure do any of the other companies have pay as you go options?
    do you have to pay for modem with them all?

Cheers for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Do you have any friends that have it?
    Or do any of them have Irish Broadband, That just plugs in anywhere as long as you have signal... if someones going away for christmas im sure they would let you borrow it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You have to buy the modem with all of them. Three are the only ones doing PAYG. O2 offer Clear on broadband now, which is a 30 day rolling contract I think.

Just because you can buy it, doesn't mean it will work though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Trial periods seems your best bet, sign up to O2's pay monthly option "trail it" for whatever amount of days they allow and then return it cfor a refund on the modem.

Maybe its not what O2 want customers to do but it might suit you the best :)

Advertisement