Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what can i get my 93yr old grandad

Options
  • 11-12-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

guys what can i get my93 yr old grandad. Hes been getting books for years. Now he aint to mobile anymore, but hes as sharp as they come. Just got him a laptop a few weeks back and he's just waiting for eircom to connect. He already has that recomended book about computers for over 65's? i am at a loss... maybe a book about the internet for the elderly or something... im rambling a bit... sorry, but any ideas????

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

a big hug.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A 92-year old granny...?

Seriously, though, if he has a laptop, how about DVD documentaries? The BEEB do good ones, or, if he's into history, some of RTE archive ones.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

the man has had more huggs than that weird record breaking hugging woman... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

does he like movies? how bout 'the quite man' ? if hes into that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

why not get him a digital photo frame? get your hands on loads of his old photos and scan them on to the comp and then transfer them to the digi photo frame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Ideo wrote: »
    why not get him a digital photo frame? get your hands on loads of his old photos and scan them on to the comp and then transfer them to the digi photo frame

I did this for my grandads 80th about a month ago and he loved it, def recommend it!:D

Advertisement